Well knock me over with a feather." /> Well knock me over with a feather." /> The court of public opinion - Winnipeg Free Press

Winnipeg Free Press - ONLINE EDITION

The court of public opinion

  • Print
b082789A[1].jpg Well knock me over with a feather.Seems like the general public doesn't believe Conrad Black got a raw deal during his high-profile fraud trial in Chicago.Our most recent www.mikeoncrime.com "Jury Poll" had only 29 per cent support for Lord Black's quest to get his convictions tossed out of court and a new trial ordered.The other 71 per cent believed Black was rightfully convicted and should be preparing to take his legal medicine.I update the Jury Poll question every few days and it's always interesting to take the pulse of the people on hot-button topics of the day.Some other recent "verdicts" rendered by the court of public opinion:*87 per cent of people believe a Winnipeg police officer should go to jail for killing a mother of three following a night of drinking and partying with colleagues.bell_headshot[1].jpg *92 per cent of people say Toronto Maple Leafs forward Mark Bell should do his six-month drunk driving sentence immediately, and not after the NHL season is finished as a judge is allowing him to do*81 per cent of people said kids under the age of 12 who kill should face criminal charges. Currently the law doesn''t allow for that.*And in one of our closest votes in recent memory, 51 per cent of people believe the Canadian government should intervene and offer help to a former Winnipeg man serving a life sentence for drug dealing in a Greece prison.Feel free to keep the discussion going by posting your thoughts on these, or other issues of the day, below.And don't forget to visit the website often to cast your vote.As well, take a moment if you haven't already to sign up for my website "Mailing List". It's quick, easy and free and gets you breaking news alert on major crime and justice stories, plus exclusive previews of my national "Crime and Punishment" radio show every weekend.

Fact Check

Fact Check

Have you found an error, or know of something we’ve missed in one of our stories?
Please use the form below and let us know.

* Required
  • Please post the headline of the story or the title of the video with the error.

  • Please post exactly what was wrong with the story.

  • Please indicate your source for the correct information.

  • Yes

    No

  • This will only be used to contact you if we have a question about your submission, it will not be used to identify you or be published.

  • Cancel

Having problems with the form?

Contact Us Directly
  • Print

You can comment on most stories on winnipegfreepress.com. You can also agree or disagree with other comments. All you need to do is be a Winnipeg Free Press print or e-edition subscriber to join the conversation and give your feedback.

You can comment on most stories on winnipegfreepress.com. You can also agree or disagree with other comments. All you need to do is be a Winnipeg Free Press print or e-edition subscriber to join the conversation and give your feedback.

Have Your Say

New to commenting? Check out our Frequently Asked Questions.

Have Your Say

Comments are open to Winnipeg Free Press print or e-edition subscribers only. why?

Have Your Say

Comments are open to Winnipeg Free Press Subscribers only. why?

The Winnipeg Free Press does not necessarily endorse any of the views posted. By submitting your comment, you agree to our Terms and Conditions. These terms were revised effective April 16, 2010.

About Mike McIntyre

Journalist, national radio show host, author, pundit and cruise director ... Mike McIntyre loves to keep busy.

Mike is the justice reporter for the Winnipeg Free Press, where he has worked since 1997. He produces and hosts the weekly talk radio show Crime and Punishment, which runs on the Corus Radio Network in several Canadian cities.

Born and bred in Winnipeg, Mike graduated from River East Collegiate and completed his journalism studies in the Creative Communications program at Red River College.

He and his wife, Chassity, have two children.

Twitter

Ads by Google