Hey there, time traveller!
This article was published 2/1/2012 (1697 days ago), so information in it may no longer be current.
Five big stories dominated our video hits this year: The new airport terminal, Maria Aragon, the Jets return, the spring flood and the new Bombers stadium.
These videos allowed viewers to go inside the stories, literally in cases like the tour of the airport terminal or the new football stadium under construction. They allowed us to put a face, and more importantly a voice to Maria Aragon. We covered the spring flood in ways we never have before, through live video in the field or by attaching a GoPro video camera to the bottom of a plane for a never-before-seen perspective.
Here's a list of our top viewed videos of 2011 and watch them all in the video player below.
1. New airport ready for takeoff - October 25
2. Aerial tour: Red River Valley flood zone - April 21
3. Maria Aragon talks to Lady Gaga - February 18
4. Maria Aragon performs "Just The Way You Are" at Hot 103 - February 17
5. Mark Chipman on new Jets logo - July 22
6. Welcome to Winnipeg: First passengers react to new airport terminal - October 30
7. Maria Aragon appears on Ellen - February 22
8. Flood fight - April 8
9. Bomber stadium taking shape: An inside look - August 12
10. MTS Centre crowd erupts after 'Jets' name announced - June 24
I've shortlisted my personal favourite videos from 2011, in no particular order.
Tour of destruction at Twin Lakes Beach - I've spent a lot of time at Twin Lakes Beach over the years and to see first hand the massive amount of damage caused by high water levels on Lake Manitoba was an incredible sight.
Hot water vs. cold air - A fantastic original video produced by Creative Communications intern Kristel Mason. She put into practice the theory of tossing cold water into bitterly cold air and having it instantly turn to mist.
Aerial tour of Red River Valley flood zone and Hey Dave Babych, can you tie my skates? - I've lumped them together for no other reason than they both make fantastic use of my beloved GoPro cam.
These four videos can be seen below: