Winnipeg Free Press - PRINT EDITION
Announcements for Faith Briefs must be in our office by Monday, 4 p.m., prior to the intended date of publication. Due to space restrictions, publication is not guaranteed. Please post information on website: http://wfp.to/events
- Worship + Imagination Symposium Feb. 9, 9 a.m.-5 p.m., Canadian Mennonite University, 500 Shaftesbury Blvd. 204-487-3300, firstname.lastname@example.org or www.cmu.ca/wi.
- Providence University College public lecture series as follows (for the upcoming week): Animals in Biblical Literature: Musings on the Ethical Implications, Feb. 9, McNally Robinson Bookstore Community Classroom and Feb. 12, Eastman Education Centre, Steinbach; A Call to Reimagine Theological Directives for a Diaspora Church, Feb. 16, McNally Robinson Bookstore Community Classroom and Feb. 19, Eastman Education Centre, Steinbach; all lectures 7 p.m. Information: www.providenceuc.ca.
- Restorative justice and the Quaker peace testimony, three study sessions, Feb. 10 and March 10, 9:30-10:45 a.m., Centre for Christian Studies, 60 Maryland Ave., side door. Information: email@example.com.
- Endings and Beginnings a poetry service, Feb. 10, 10:30 a.m., First Unitarian Universalist Church of Winnipeg, 603 Wellington Cres.
- A faith- based support group for persons living with mood disorders offered by Mood Disorders Association of Manitoba and Living Room, Feb. 10 & 24, 5 p.m. Immanuel Pentecostal Church, 955 Wilkes Ave. The group meets on the second and last Sunday of each month, 955 Wilkes Ave., 5-7 p.m. Information: Lorna 204-296-2920 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Shrove Tuesday Pancake Supper, Feb. 12, 5 p.m., The Parish Church of St. Luke, 515 Stradbrook Ave. $7, $20 per family.
- Ash Wednesday service, Feb. 12, 5 p.m. The Parish Church of St. Luke, Feb. 12, 5 p.m., 130 Nassau St. N. at Stradbrook Ave. Traditional Anglican Sung Eucharist with Imposition of Ashes.
- CMU Vespers Laudamus Auditorium, 500 Shaftesbury Blvd., Feb. 17, 7:30 p.m., March 17, 7:30 p.m. Free.
- Free concert featuring The SkyBlues Band, Feb. 17, 7 p.m., Zion Church, 305 Machray Ave. Sponsored by House of the Risen Son Ministries. Information: 204-582-1261.
- Dreams, Past Lives & Soul Travel - How These Can Help You in Everyday Life Feb. 21, 7:30 p.m., Louis Riel Library, 1168 Dakota St. Call 204-837-5915 or www.eckankar-mb.ca.
Republished from the Winnipeg Free Press print edition February 9, 2013 J13
Have you found an error, or know of something we’ve missed in one of our stories?
Please use the form below and let us know.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly