Hey there, time traveller!
This article was published 8/10/2013 (1296 days ago), so information in it may no longer be current.
The Winnipeg Police Service is reminding residents to play it safe when locking up their bikes.
They suggest the following tips:
• Use a good chain and lock to secure your bike to a pole, tree or fence.
• At home, lock your bike even if it is stored in a garage or shed.
• Never park your bike, even for a few minutes, without chaining and locking it. That’s all the opportunity a thief needs.
• Record the serial number of your bike or engrave an identifiable mark somewhere on the frame.
• When securing your bike with a chain lock, make sure it goes through the back wheel and frame, then around a secure post.