Canstar Community News - ONLINE EDITION
Cops bust grow-op in River Park South
Plants, marajuana, equipment valued at $350,000 seized in raid
A female was arrested after a grow-op was busted in a River Park South home recently.
On Dec. 27, at around 10 a.m., members of the Winnipeg Police Service Marijuana Grow Operation Unit, with assistance from the Tactical Support Team and East and West District patrol members, executed a Controlled Drug and Substance Act search warrant at a residence located in the 900 block of Aldgate Road, officials say.
A 39-year-old female was located inside and arrested. As a result of a search of the home, the following items were located:
• 155 marijuana plants (estimated street value: $173,600).
• 60 pounds of dried packaged marijuana (estimated street value of $150,000).
• Grow-op equipment (valued at $27,000).
• A small amount of cash.
The female is facing the following charges and was released on a Promise to Appear:
• Produce a scheduled substance — marijuana.
• Possess of a scheduled substance for the purpose of trafficking — marijuana.
• Possession of proceeds of property obtained by crime.
• Theft of electricity or gas.
Have you found an error, or know of something we’ve missed in one of our stories?
Please use the form below and let us know.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly
More The Lance
More The Lance
(1 of 10 articles for this week)09/16/2014 1:59 PM 0
This Just In
Ads by Google