Canstar Community News - ONLINE EDITION
Folklorama pavilions slated for southeast
Six local venues to host cultural festivities each week
Winnipeg’s annual festival of cultural celebration once again promises to offer up a melting pot of sights, sounds and smells in a carnival-like atmosphere.
This year’s Folklorama will run from Aug. 4 to 17. There will be 46 pavilions located across the city and there will plenty going in southeast Winnipeg.
Here’s a list of the upcoming local pavilions in Week 1, which will run between Aug. 4 and 10:
• Africa — Holy Cross Gym, 290 Dubuc St.
• Caribbean — Centre culturel franco-manitobain, 340 Provencher Blvd.
• Celtic Ireland — Fort Garry Curling Club, 696 Archibald St.
• Cuba Va! — Notre Dame Community Centre, 271 Avenue de la Cathedrale.
• India — Heather Curling Club, 120 Youville St.
• Scotland — Glenwood Community Centre, 27 Overton St.
Week 2 pavilions will run from Aug. 11 to 17:
• Belgian — Belgian Club, 407 Provencher Blvd.
• Brazilian — Heather Curling Club, 120 Youville St.
• Chilean — Notre Dame Community Centre, 271 Avenue de la Cathedrale.
• Ireland-Irish — Holy Cross Gym, 290 Dubuc St.
• Canadien-Français — Centre culturel franco-manitobain, 340 Provencher Blvd.
• Warsaw Poland — Glenwood Community Centre, 27 Overton St.
For more information, ticket prices and showtimes, visit www.folklorama.ca.
Please use the form below and let us know.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly
More The Lance
More The Lance
(1 of 6 articles for this week)09/9/2014 4:41 PM 0
This Just In
Ads by Google