Canstar Community News - ONLINE EDITION
Local projects receive cash
Half a million dollars in provincial funding is coming to southeast Winnipeg for various projects.
In an announcement at École Guyot (400 Willowlake Cres.) on Aug. 28, the government announced it will help fund a natural playground, 500 feet of walking and biking paths, a small hill, and stumps and log benches for an outdoor classroom at the school through its parent advisory council.
The installation of the natural playground is also intended to repair drainage issues and make the site more accessible. The money comes from the Manitoba Building and Renewal Plan, which committed $7.5 million over three years to projects in Winnipeg.
In all, 13 other projects in southeast Winnipeg received funding.
• Norberry-Glenlee Community Centre will renovate the Walter Jennings Sports Facility’s common area and install video surveillance.
• Greendell Park Community Centre will renovate its washrooms, outdoor rink, kitchen, and basketball courts.
• Winakwa Community Centre will renovate its washrooms and upgrade items to become more energy efficient.
• The Holy Cross parent advisory council and St. Boniface Diocesan High School parents guild will renovate its gym and washrooms.
• The St. Germain Daycare Centre will enhance its outdoor space.
• The Norwood and St. Boniface Legion Branch #43 will replace the banquet hall roof.
• The Norwood Grove Business Improvement Zone will construct a new picnic area and skating rink.
• The Henteleff Park Foundation will create a new interpretive centre.
• The École Varennes parent committee will renovate its playground.
• The Windsor Park Collegiate parent association will upgrade its basketball court.
• The St. Vital Mustangs Football Club will enhance its storage facilities.
• The Conseil jeunesse provincial (Provincial Youth Council) will hold a bike workshop, and the Centre de Renouveau Aulneau (Aulneau Renewal Centre) will provide accessibility upgrades.
Have you found an error, or know of something we’ve missed in one of our stories? Please use the form below and let us know.
More The Lance
More The Lance
(1 of 15 articles for this week)12/3/2013 3:44 PM 0
This Just In
Must Have Menus
Ads by Google