Canstar Community News - ONLINE EDITION
Love of life requires nourishment
What feeds your love of life?
Have you asked yourself that lately? It’s an important question because when you can figure out the answer, you can do more of what’s working and less of what’s not.
What feeds my love of life is knowing that what I do matters. That who I am matters and that how I show up in the world matters.
Following a lifetime of hardwired thinking that what I did had no effect on the rest of the world, I have now immersed myself in the world of personal growth. It has changed everything for me and now I teach personal development to others so that it can have similar benefits and rewards for them.
Personally, I feed my love of life by:
1) Working harder on myself than on anything else. When I stop blaming others and look within the answers always appear. Always. I continuously read, listen to audio recordings, attend sessions and fuel myself with positive ideas.
2) Finding inspiration everywhere. It is at the grocery store, in the eyes of the elderly, in the skip of a child, it is everywhere — we just have to tune in and find it. Let the inspiration wash over you and motivate you continuously.
3) Take action. Reading, listening, watching — it’s not enough. It’s the getting out there, trying, failing, embarrassing, crying, fearing, frustrating myself that add up to eventually feed my love of life. Learning to push past obstacles is exhilarating. Knowing that no matter what is coming down the pipeline, I can handle it.
4) Grow your group. My circle of friends and people of influence is continually growing and changing as I grow and change. Being open to new relationships and adventures with people who are not exactly like me, adds a new element to life that makes it fun and exciting.
5) Knowing that by growing myself I am helping other people, making my relationships stronger and helping to make the world a better place ultimately is the pinnacle of feeding my love of life.
I have seen the lows and experienced the highs and life is so much better when nurturing your love of life. I will never go back.
What’s feeding your love of life?
Stephanie Staples is a St. Vital-based writer and motivational speaker and coach. For more information about her company please visit www.yourlifeunlimited.ca. You can find her on Facebook at www.facebook.com/YourLifeUnlimited.
Neighbourhood Forum is a readers’ column. If you live in The Lance area and would like to contribute to this column, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please use the form below and let us know.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly
This Just In
Must Have Menus
Ads by Google