Canstar Community News - ONLINE EDITION

Whatever it is that you want to be, just begin now!

• Print

Yeah to you!

It seems sometimes that life is pretty hard. It’s a struggle, it’s an uphill climb. We work, we try, we fight and still we end up on the bottom rung time and time again.

But wait… does life have to be a struggle? What if all the past struggles we went through were designed to get us to this moment in time — the moment at which  we can make a declaration that we are going to go BIG!

I don’t know about you, but I am tired of playing small. I am tired of being limited by the beliefs of past loves, past teachers, past ‘friends’ who don’t know me and who get something from me playing small.

How about you? You are not destined to be who you were. You don’t have to be the last picked, the youngest, the quietest, the…

Today is your day. You get to be the person you want to spend the rest of your life with. You get to be the person you are proud of, who rocks, who makes a positive difference in the world. You get to create the person you want to be.

Think you can’t do it? I bet you can.

Begin now!

Think of all the struggles you’ve already overcome. Perhaps you’ve fought an illness, lost a loved one or lost a job and you mustered all your strength of character to get through it and come out on top.  

Now think of all the successes you have already had. Maybe you’ve  won a promotion, are an awesome spouse, parent or volunteer despite many things in your past that would indicate you shouldn’t be successful in this area. There are a thousand reasons you should not  be successful in those areas but you are anyway, despite or because of those reasons.

And now my friend, may I invite you to take another leap. Forward, into the great unknown. Boldly and bravely, even if you don’t have all the answers, even if you don’t know how the story will end, even if you are scared to death, even if you are not ready.

Begin now!

Write that book, ask for that raise, train for that event, go for that promotion, sign up for those classes, ask her to marry you.  Whatever your go BIG is, begin now.

Stephanie Staples is a community correspondent for St. Vital. She can be reached at stephanie@yourlifeunlimited.ca.

Fact Check

Fact Check

Have you found an error, or know of something we’ve missed in one of our stories?
Please use the form below and let us know.

* Required
  • Please post the headline of the story or the title of the video with the error.

• Please post exactly what was wrong with the story.

• Please indicate your source for the correct information.

• Yes

No

• This will only be used to contact you if we have a question about your submission, it will not be used to identify you or be published.

• Cancel

Having problems with the form?

Contact Us Directly
  • Print

You can comment on most stories on winnipegfreepress.com. You can also agree or disagree with other comments. All you need to do is be a Winnipeg Free Press print or e-edition subscriber to join the conversation and give your feedback.

You can comment on most stories on winnipegfreepress.com. You can also agree or disagree with other comments. All you need to do is be a Winnipeg Free Press print or e-edition subscriber to join the conversation and give your feedback.

Have Your Say

New to commenting? Check out our Frequently Asked Questions.

Have Your Say

Comments are open to Winnipeg Free Press print or e-edition subscribers only. why?

Have Your Say

Comments are open to Winnipeg Free Press Subscribers only. why?

The Winnipeg Free Press does not necessarily endorse any of the views posted. By submitting your comment, you agree to our Terms and Conditions. These terms were revised effective April 16, 2010.

letters

Make text: Larger | Smaller

This Just In Twitter bird

• HeraldWPG

@HeraldWPG: East Kildonan correspondent Evan Comstock looks into a recent health fair held at Good Neighbours ow.ly/vPa4P #cbn 12:01 pm on Apr 19

Readers‘ Choice Awards

Best Of Winnipeg Readers Survey

Make your choice in the Canstar Community News‘ Best of Winnipeg Readers‘ Choice Awards

Vote Now

Poll

Do you think cameras should be allowed in Manitoba courtrooms?

View Results

View Related Story