Hey there, time traveller!
This article was published 13/12/2013 (991 days ago), so information in it may no longer be current.
The city’s Executive Policy Committee (EPC) has allocated $1.7 million to reopen Sherbrook Pool.
"We’ve heard very clearly that the people of Winnipeg want to see the doors reopen on Sherbrook Pool," Mayor Sam Katz said in a release.
The release states the capital budget recommends funding as listed below:
• Up to $200,000 originally set aside from the Mayor’s 2013 Civic Initiatives Fund.
• $400,000 from the new Parks and Recreation Enhancement Program.
• $600,000 from the Daniel McIntyre Recreational Initiative.
• $271,000 from the Recreation and Leisure Facilities Capital Project.
• $200,000 from the Municipal Accommodations 2014 Operating Budget.
The outstanding balance will be requested from the provincial Winnipeg Community Infrastructure Program, and funding from private/non-profit organizations.