Hey there, time traveller!
This article was published 17/9/2013 (1045 days ago), so information in it may no longer be current.
The provincial government is providing $520,000 for facilities and green spaces in west Winnipeg.
A couple of projects that will use some of the funding are the replacement of the Westwood Community Church roof and the creation of a walking corridor on the north side of Portage Avenue.
The following organizations will receive funding:
• Kirkfield Westwood Community Centre for replacement of flooring in the dressing room.
• Bord-Aire Community Centre for resurfacing the rink.
• Valour Community Centre for the installation of an outdoor basketball court.
• Valour Community Centre (VCC) for upgrades to VCC Isaac Brock’s interior.
• The Broadway Neighbourhood Centre for upgrades to the kitchen and bathroom facilities.
• Deer Lodge Community Centre for replacement of ballast light fixtures with lens covers/cages and replacing ceiling fans.
• The Governing Council of the Salvation Army in Canada for the replacement and renovation of Shier Hall floor.
• University of Winnipeg Students Association for the redevelopment of the outdoor play area into a natural playscape.
• Assiniboine Memorial Curling Club for accessibility upgrades.
• The Army, Navy and Air Force Veterans in Canada, Assiniboia Unit #283 to go toward the purchase of new tables which provide wheelchair access.
• Lions Club of Winnipeg Senior Citizens Home for renovating the Harvey Hall Courtyard.
• Crestview Park Day Nursery for the creation of an outdoor play space.
• Crossways in Common for building envelope repairs.
• Discovery Children’s Centre for the redevelopment of its outdoor space.
• Villa Rosa for building repairs.
• Assiniboine Children’s Centre for upgrades to its kitchen.
• Winnipeg Art Gallery for repairs to its potable water fire protection system.
• Horizons Children’s Centre for the construction of an infant room loft.