Canstar Community News - ONLINE EDITION
West Winnipeg gets money for upgrades
The provincial government is providing $520,000 for facilities and green spaces in west Winnipeg.
A couple of projects that will use some of the funding are the replacement of the Westwood Community Church roof and the creation of a walking corridor on the north side of Portage Avenue.
The following organizations will receive funding:
• Kirkfield Westwood Community Centre for replacement of flooring in the dressing room.
• Bord-Aire Community Centre for resurfacing the rink.
• Valour Community Centre for the installation of an outdoor basketball court.
• Valour Community Centre (VCC) for upgrades to VCC Isaac Brock’s interior.
• The Broadway Neighbourhood Centre for upgrades to the kitchen and bathroom facilities.
• Deer Lodge Community Centre for replacement of ballast light fixtures with lens covers/cages and replacing ceiling fans.
• The Governing Council of the Salvation Army in Canada for the replacement and renovation of Shier Hall floor.
• University of Winnipeg Students Association for the redevelopment of the outdoor play area into a natural playscape.
• Assiniboine Memorial Curling Club for accessibility upgrades.
• The Army, Navy and Air Force Veterans in Canada, Assiniboia Unit #283 to go toward the purchase of new tables which provide wheelchair access.
• Lions Club of Winnipeg Senior Citizens Home for renovating the Harvey Hall Courtyard.
• Crestview Park Day Nursery for the creation of an outdoor play space.
• Crossways in Common for building envelope repairs.
• Discovery Children’s Centre for the redevelopment of its outdoor space.
• Villa Rosa for building repairs.
• Assiniboine Children’s Centre for upgrades to its kitchen.
• Winnipeg Art Gallery for repairs to its potable water fire protection system.
• Horizons Children’s Centre for the construction of an infant room loft.
Please use the form below and let us know.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly
More The Metro
More The Metro
(1 of 15 articles for this week)01/28/2015 2:25 PM 0
ACCESS Winnipeg West (280 Booth Dr.) will be closed for three to five months due to repairs after a major ...
This Just In
Ads by Google