Hey there, time traveller!
This article was published 19/11/2013 (1282 days ago), so information in it may no longer be current.
The Winnipeg Police Service is reminding community members to be diligent when dealing with service or delivery agents and has issued the following crime prevention tips:
• If possible, have all service and delivery people visit your home by appointment or prior arrangement.
• Do not hide keys around the outside of your house for the individual to use when you’re not home, as this invites trouble.
• Do not leave valuables open to view or to a service or delivery person who is unattended while in your home.
• If you do not like who you see when the delivery or service person arrives, you can send them away.
• Ask for identification from any delivery or service personnel who attend your home.
• Be sure to use reputable and reliable businesses for service calls and take the time to check the references of any company you plan to have perform work or service for you.