Hey there, time traveller!
This article was published 30/5/2014 (727 days ago), so information in it may no longer be current.
Pull your swimsuits out of your drawers.
Because the weather has been pleasantly warm lately, the City of Winnipeg is opening several spray pads across the city on Sat., May 31 at 10 a.m. — two days earlier than originally planned.
The following spray pads will be operating as of May 31:
• Central Park (400 Cumberland Ave.);
• Lindenwoods Community Centre (414 Lindenwoods Drive W.);
• Provencher Park (620 rue Langevin);
• River East (Peguis Trail Health & Fitness Centre) (1400 Rothesay St.);
• Shaughnessy Park (75 Tyndall Ave.);
• Vimy Ridge Memorial Park (821 Preston Ave.);
• St. Norbert Community Centre (3450 Pembina Hwy.);
• St. James-Assiniboia Centennial Pool (644 Parkdale St.);
• Transcona Centennial Pool (1101 Wabasha St.);
• River Heights Community Centre (1370 Grosvenor Ave.);
• Westdale Community Centre (550 Dale Blvd.).
The Fort Rouge Park spray pad’s opening is delayed due to mechanical repairs.
Spray pads will operate daily 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. throughout the summer.