Hey there, time traveller!
This article was published 19/6/2014 (736 days ago), so information in it may no longer be current.
The Winnipeg Labour Council has endorsed 11 candidates who plan to run for city council this fall.
The council announced Thursday it has endorsed mayoral candidate Judy Wasylycia-Leis and three incumbent councillors:
- Brian Mayes (St. Vital),
- Ross Eadie (Mynarski) and
- Jenny Gerbasi (Fort Rouge-East Fort Garry).
In the wide-open council races, the Labour Council endorsed:
- Dan Vandal's former assistant Matt Allard as a candidate in St. Boniface,
- restauranteur Sachit Mehra to run for the vacancy in St. Norbert and
- Stefan Jonasson in St. James-Brooklands.
Incumbents Vandal, Justin Swandel and Scott Fielding are not running again in their respective wards.
The Labour Council also endorsed:
- school board chair Suzanne Hrynyk in an expected Old Kildonan race against Coun. Devi Sharma,
- Evan Comstock in an attempt to unseat Coun. Jeff Browaty in North Kildonan,
- Jason Schreyer in an Elmwood-East Kildonan contest against Coun. Thomas Steen and
- Ray Ulasy in an expected Transcona race against Coun. Russ Wyatt.