Winnipeg Free Press - ONLINE EDITION
Harper echoes campaign themes
WINNIPEG - Prime Minister Stephen Harper echoed all of his campaign themes at a rally this evening in Winnipeg - Canadians need a stable government able to manage the economic recovery, not a "reckless coaliton."
"This is not where any of us should be," he said of the campaign trail. "We should be back at our desks in Ottawa, working on the economy."
Harper touted his budget, saying a coalition of the Liberals, NDP and the Bloc Quebecois would raise taxes, spend agressively and mismanage the economy.
Harper was welcomed by singing sensation Maria Aragon, who sang the national anthem to kick off the event.
He did not announce a candidate in Winnipeg South Centre. It was widely believed Harper would announce school trustee Joyce Bateman as the candidate at the rally.
Please use the form below and let us know.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly
Find your riding
Photo Store Gallery
Most Popular in Vote Canada
- INTERACTIVE: Election results, riding by riding
- What’s next for Rebecca Blaikie?
- A great blue sea
- The youth vote could have a huge political impact
- Neville concedes in Winnipeg South Centre
- NDP sees red, itching to bring seat back to fold
- Vote Canada: Tough talk wins suburbia
- Forum tackles voter apathy
- Rustling up the rust-belt vote
- Election Roundup
Ads by Google