Winnipeg Free Press - ONLINE EDITION
OOPS of the night
Everyone and their dog have reported all day that we cannot tweet, report, breathe or send by carrier pigeon the election results until the polls have closed in British Columbia.
But at 9 p.m. eastern time the CBC newsworld began broadcasting results from Atlantic Canada across the country.
Within five minutes they had yanked the broadcast off the air saying they were experiencing technical difficulties. It came back on briefly again then went out again.
They are allowed to broadcast the results in the Atlantic region where the polls have closed but have to black it out to areas where the polls have not. Like everywhere else in Canada.
The fallout from this could be pretty harsh. When the nation’s public broadcaster screws up this badly, the proverbial excrement is going to hit the fan.
Have you found an error, or know of something we’ve missed in one of our stories?
Please use the form below and let us know.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly
Find your riding
Photo Store Gallery
Most Popular in Vote Canada
- INTERACTIVE: Election results, riding by riding
- What’s next for Rebecca Blaikie?
- A great blue sea
- The youth vote could have a huge political impact
- Neville concedes in Winnipeg South Centre
- NDP sees red, itching to bring seat back to fold
- Vote Canada: Tough talk wins suburbia
- Forum tackles voter apathy
- Rustling up the rust-belt vote
- NDP government would build Plessis underpass: Layton
Ads by Google