Winnipeg Free Press - ONLINE EDITION
Storm likely to delay river crests
A storm that’s hit Manitoba will likely delay the crest of the Red and Assiniboine in Winnipeg, the province said at a news conference today.
The driving wind, rain and blowing snow are pounding the province’s flood defences, which are holding - for now.
In some areas, poor flying conditions caused by the storm could make it impossible for the province’s emergency helicopter ambulance service to get to remote places where flooding has closed more than 600 municipal roads, reporters were told.
Please use the form below and let us know.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly
- James... my waders
- Floodway kicks in today; act now, province warns
- Sand-bagging volunteers needed
- Band members protest INAC's handling of flood problems
- Body pulled from Sturgeon Creek
- Workers rush to shore up Wellington Crescent condos
- Where all that water is going -- and how
- Body retrieved from creek
- More cash for sump pump incentives
- Fewer properties require flood protection: city