Winnipeg Free Press - ONLINE EDITION
Free Press News Café takes a Folklorama trip around the world
The Winnipeg Free Press News Café took a trip around the world today.
Performers from three Folklorama pavilions dropped by to provide a taste of what passport-toting Winnipeggers can take in during Week 2 of the multi-cultural festival.
Performers from Cuba Va! kicked things off at 2:30 p.m. with some excellent dancing and singing. The Cuban pavilion is at the Winnipeg Convention Centre this year for the first time.
That was followed by more singing and dancing from performers from the U.K. pavilion and finally musicians from the Croatian Pavilion Zagreb pavilion.
Performers from Greece and Hungary will be on hand tomorrow.
The events will be livestreamed here.
Please use the form below and let us know.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly
Photo Store Gallery
- You're almost home
- Chef to serve local fare for fancy gala
- Famous burger joint draws a worldly crowd
- See the world
- She'll roll you a Fidel cigar
- Even the mayor dancing as Folklorama kicks off
- So much world, so little time
- Festivals in full swing for holiday weekend
- New visa rules hit Folklorama acts
- Folklorama gears up for 40th edition
Ads by Google