Winnipeg Free Press - ONLINE EDITION
Bachelor Pad Royale
Planetarium Auditorium (Venue 10), to July 23
The fantasy notion of a “bachelor pad” gives way to a reality of loneliness, unwanted guests and making entrees out of ketchup and mayonnaise in this one-man comedy performed by Toronto’s Kristian Reimer, who co-authored this embellished standup routine with Ron Fromstein.
Reimer’s observational comedy veers towards the obvious and banal. (Didja ever notice how Maxim cover girls have “unattainable bodies?”) Tales of sexual conquest aren’t really funny and in fact carry the unmistakable whiff of braggadocio. And if I wanted to see 20-somethings flaunt their sex lives, I’d just as soon watch a Jersey Shore marathon.
— Randall King
From the official Fringe Festival program:
Exploring the bachelor life and dealing with everything the world throws the bachelor's way. From laundry to love, this show is insightful, witty, hilarious, playful and truthful, with some embellishment.
All kings (and queens) of their castle start off in the place known as the Bachelor Pad Royale.
"Quick and menacingly hilarious" - Globe and Mail
Critic's Pick – NOW Magazine
Recommended For: Mature Audience
Length: 60 MIN
Discount Tickets: $8 Students, Seniors
Under 14 not admitted.
Updated on Friday, July 15, 2011 at 10:58 AM CDT:
Photo Store Gallery
Most Popular Fringe Reviews
- Jokes my folks never told me
- F---ING STEPHEN HARPER: How I Sexually Assaulted the 22nd Prime Minister of Canada and Saved Democracy
- Roald Dahl's The Witches
- Illuminati 3: The End of the World
- As You Like It
- Hamlet as Told on the Streets
- Hitchcocked by Sound & Fury
- 7 Stories
- The Green Room
- God is a Scottish Drag Queen
- Good People Bad Things
- The Return of the Revenge of the Son of the Bride of Macabre Tales of Horror and Macabreness II: Satan's Boogaloo
- The Fisherman and His Soul
- Adult Entertainment
- 2 for Tea
- 7 Stories
- A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius
- Phone Whore
Ads by Google