Winnipeg Free Press - ONLINE EDITION
Man 1, Bank 0
What a great story Patrick Combs has to tell. This guy walks up to a bank ATM and deposits a $95,093.35 junk-mail cheque into his account — endorsing it with a smiley face just to make sure they get the joke. When he goes to get money for groceries a few days later, his bank balance shows he suddenly has more than $100,000.
Surely the bank is going to bounce the cheque. In the real world, the bank would bounce the cheque, wouldn’t it?
Well this is the real world, Patrick Combs is that guy, and he has the hit fringe comedy to prove it. Don’t miss this 80-minute, thoroughly entertaining monologue by an appealing San Francisco native who now makes his living telling a story that is stranger, and much funnier, than fiction.
— Margo Goodhand
From the official Fringe Festival guide:
“One of the funniest, most fascinating, fastest moving solo plays to hit New York in many a season. Non-stop laughter and an edge of your seat adventure". - Broadway World
Sold-out runs: Off-Broadway, Just For Laughs, HBO.
Don’t miss the true story of Patrick depositing a $95,093.35 junk mail check as a joke and it erupting into an outrageous adventure.
Venue 16 (PTE Mainstage), to July 25
Photo Store Gallery
Most Popular Fringe Reviews
- Final Play
- Cabaret Terrarium
- The Green Room
- Illuminati II: The Second One
- Catching Shadows
- The Return of the Revenge of the Son of the Bride of Macabre Tales of Horror and Macabreness II: Satan's Boogaloo
- Something About Life
- The Fisherman and His Soul
- Mary Rose
- Law & Order: Nursery Rhyme Unit
- Good People Bad Things
- The Green Room
- FOUR WISHES, an adaptation of Gluskabe and the Four Wishes by Joseph Bruchac
- Revolver 101
- The Complete History of the Moustache
- God is a Scottish Drag Queen
- Quickies With Chekhov
- Ming Lee and The Magic Tree
- Adult Entertainment
- 2 for Tea
Ads by Google