Hey there, time traveller!
This article was published 23/11/2012 (1585 days ago), so information in it may no longer be current.
Can you identify the following people of Icelandic descent?
1. He learned how to live like an Inuit.
2. He worked with J.S. Woodsworth and Tommy Douglas.
3. Canola would still be rapeseed without him.
4. He's famous for his movies, including one about a hospital in an area with many Icelandic descendants.
5. Without him, you wouldn't be able to see Skyfall at the movies.
6. Your ancestors could buy clothes from him in Gimli in 1898, and you can still buy them from his descendants.
7. Many Icelanders came here because of him.
8. He was the first person of Icelandic descent appointed a judge.
9. He gave Snow White her distinctive look.
10. He got out of taxicabs and ambulances to found a funeral home.
1. Vilhjalmur Stefansson
2. Magnus Eliason
3. Baldur Stefansson
4. Guy Maddin
5. William Stephenson
6. Hans Petur Tergesen
7. Sigtryggur Jonasson
8. Kris Stefanson
9. Charlie Thorson
10. A.S. Bardal