Winnipeg Free Press - ONLINE EDITION
Benham running for Greens in Tuxedo
But candidate not former city councillor
Former city councillor Donald Benham is not taking another stab at politics – but his son has taken up the family tradition.
A Donald Benham is running provincially this fall in Tuxedo for the Green Party. But he’s the son of the former River Heights-Fort Garry councillor, who held office from 2004 to 2006.
News and analysis of the results of Manitoba's provincial election.
See the results for each electoral district with our interactive map
We track the parties' promises, issue by issue
Find out more about the people representing Manitoba districts.
The younger Benham plans to distinguish himself from his father by using his middle initials. He plans to appear on the ballot as Donald H.J. Benham.
"We’re distinguishing ourselves with my middle name," he said.
Earlier this evening, the Free Press erroneously reported the elder Benham was in fact the candidate.
"I expected this to happen," the former councillor said.
Tuxedo is currently held by Tory MLA Heather Stefanson.
Updated on Thursday, September 8, 2011 at 8:54 PM CDT: Updates with details of which Benham is running
Please use the form below and let us know.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly
Photo Store Gallery
- Tyndall Park
- NDP ex-MLA switches to Tories in Tyndall Park
- Filipinos square off in city riding
- Fort Whyte
- Voters catching election bug
- Poor, uneducated less likely to vote
- Neville, Harvard endorse NDP's Oswald in Seine River
- Tyndall Park
- Cheers to the Bella Vista
- The Maples
- Health Minister Oswald tearful after win against Steeves
- Kirkfield Park
- NDP attack ads give McFadyen backhanded compliment
- Provincial vote delays MPI rebate mailouts
- Tories say they won't repeat Filmon cuts
Ads by Google