Winnipeg Free Press - ONLINE EDITION
NDP, Conservatives trade barbs over 'todaysndp' website
Unethical stunt or savvy electioneering?
The site features a video accusing the NDP of failing all of its promises since being first elected in 1999.
"What can I say? What’s the appropriate adjective? The bottom line for me is I think it shows that they’re willing to be unethical to win the election," NDP leader Greg Selinger said Wednesday.
"Voters will make a decision on whether they think it’s appropriate."
Selinger also said it was a "very shady tactic" that one political party would appropriate another party’s name for its own purposes.
"It’s one of those typical tactics we’ve seen so often from the PCs in this election," he said.
PC co-campaign manager Marni Larkin dismissed Selinger’s criticism and said she bought the domain name for less than $15 when she noticed the NDP had not secured it.
Larkin said the Tories have done nothing wrong as the information on the site "is all true."
Please use the form below and let us know.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly
Photo Store Gallery
- Tyndall Park
- The Maples
- Cheers to the Bella Vista
- Health Minister Oswald tearful after win against Steeves
- Kirkfield Park
- NDP attack ads give McFadyen backhanded compliment
- Provincial vote delays MPI rebate mailouts
- Tories say they won't repeat Filmon cuts
- NDP ex-MLA switches to Tories in Tyndall Park
- Filipinos square off in city riding
Ads by Google