Winnipeg Free Press - ONLINE EDITION
Blues' MacGillivray named MJHL coach of year
Don MacGillivray, head coach and general manager of the Winnipeg Blues, has been named the Manitoba Junior Hockey League’s coach of the year.
MacGillivray, who is the recipient of the "Muzz" McPherson Memorial Trophy, recorded his 500th career win in the MJHL
Blues forward Derek Gingera has been selected as the Hockey Ability and Sportsmanship Award, the Lorne "Windy" Lyndon Trophy.
Gingera, a Winnipeg native, is the Blues’ leading scorer with 42 goals and 70 points in 50 games with just 28 penalty minutes.
Have you found an error, or know of something we’ve missed in one of our stories?
Please use the form below and let us know.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly
(1 of 50 articles for this week)10/23/2014 11:14 PM 0
CALGARY - A moment of silence was observed before the Calgary Flames hosted the Carolina Hurricanes on Thursday to commemorate ...
Photo Store Gallery
- We’ll stand for freedom and for one another
- Bombers unveil statue of legendary coach Bud Grant
- Blue consider plan to rush import Wilson into lineup
- Jets in a better mood after breaking losing streak with Tuesday's win
- Following the leaders
- Blue delighted with state of Denmark
- Bombers offensive line uncertain heading into must-win game against B.C.
- Who has been the biggest disappointment on the Jets to start the season?
- Step in right direction
- Freestyle up, skeleton way down in Own the Podium money this winter
- Jets boss Maurice mad enough to start cussing
- Paul Maurice is frustrated after Jets' four-game losing streak
- Tiny consolation for Blue, fans
- Crash landing for Jets at home
- Jets apply tourniquet
- Jets can't stand success
- Jets go down against Flames, 4-1
- Jets make roster changes for Hurricanes game to turn around recent nosedive
- Wakey-wakey, sleeping Jets
- Running back Grigsby signs with Hamilton shortly after his release by Bombers
Ads by Google