Winnipeg Free Press - ONLINE EDITION
Jets practise in Banff without Buff
BANFF, Alta. — The Winnipeg Jets were back on the ice this morning for a practice at the Fenlands Banff Recreation Centre.
Today's regular skate, after a day off the ice for other team-building activities, took place without defenceman Dustin Byfuglien. The team said Saturday that Byfuglien was fine after spilling into the boards late in Friday's exhibition game in Saskatoon, so today's move could just be extra rest.
The team also practised without defenceman Adam Pardy and forward Patrice Cormier, who have been placed on waivers according to several reports. The pair is still here but not practising. Their status will be updated after Monday's waiver hour (noon ET) passes.
Today, Jets coach Claude Noel also showed some line combinations that could be in effect for Tuesday's regular-season opener in Edmonton, but there are never any guarantees or permanence in this department.
Beyond the team's top unit of Bryan Little with Andrew Ladd and Blake Wheeler, we saw Mark Scheiefele between Evander Kane and Devin Setoguchi, Olli Jokinen between James Wright and Michael Frolik and Jim Slater between Eric Tangradi and Chris Thorburn. Matt Halischuk and Anthony Peluso wore different-coloured jerseys (green) for practice today and were extra forwards.
Winnipeg finished its pre-season schedule with a record of 1-4-3.
Please use the form below and let us know.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly
(1 of 50 articles for this week)9:57 AM 0
Photo Store Gallery
- Morley, Vega cut from Bombers
- Scott joins Team Canada for FIFA Women's World Cup
- Playoffs a classroom for Scheifele
- Orioles' game in Baltimore vs. White Sox postponed because of safety concerns
- Niakwa Country Club to host 2016 PGA Tour Canada’s Players Cup
- Winnipeg Rifles coach leaving to take on full-time coaching job at York University
- Pick 3: Blue in position to solidify future in draft
- Blue brass succeed trading experience for exuberance
- Chevy wants to keep it together
- From Russia, with gold
- Jets captain suffering from hernia, Trouba from a broken bone in hand
- Jets coach sticks up for Byfuglien
- Difference between Ducks and Jets was huge
- What's next in Jetsville?
- What lies behind mystery Calgary ad?
- Jets can't fly with Ducks
- Harper launches post-budget tour in Winnipeg, will attend tonight's Jets game
- Stuart Olson alleges Triple B, province knew about design issues at Investors Group Field
- Turbulence at the track
- Fans impress with Jets fever
- Jets realize playoff dream
- Byfuglien to face hearing for 'violent, deliberate' cross-check
- Yes, Jets fans: you can thank Edmonton for once
- Jets' first Stanley Cup playoff game against Anaheim Thursday
- Some sick goaltending: Pavs almost too good to be true, despite flu
- Shake the roof in white
- Candid Carlyle wants back in
- Jets suffer 5-4 OT loss to Ducks in Game 3
- 4-game suspension for Byfuglien cross-check
- Jets nip Canucks 5-4 in key pre-playoff game
Ads by Google