Winnipeg Free Press - ONLINE EDITION
Jets to play Caps in Kraft Hockeyville match in Ontario
For the second time in three years, the Winnipeg Jets will play in the NHL's promotional "Kraft Hockeyville" game.
The pre-season contest will take place Sat., Sept. 14 in Belleville, Ont., at Yardman Arena against the Washington Capitals. The host-town contest was won by nearby Stirling-Rawdon, which will receive a Stanley Cup parade, an NHL alumni visit and game and a $100,000 cheque for upgrades and renovations to the Stirling District Recreation Centre.
In announcing their participation tonight, the Jets issued a statement from GM Kevin Cheveldayoff.
"The Kraft Hockeyville program is an exciting celebration of the game of hockey and the Winnipeg Jets are proud to be a part of it once again," Cheveldayoff said. "We look forward to facing off against our former divisional rival, the Washington Capitals, as well as visiting the community of Stirling-Rawdon in September."
The Jets' first appearance in Kraft Hockeyville took place in September 2011 in Newfoundland and Labrador when the team defeated the Ottawa Senators 3-1.
Ticket information for this year's game will be available soon.
Please use the form below and let us know.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly
(1 of 50 articles for this week)07/23/2014 11:54 PM 0
VANCOUVER - Vancouver Whitecaps captain Jay DeMerit will announce his retirement Thursday, The Canadian Press has confirmed.
A person with knowledge ...
Photo Store Gallery
- Very rough night for Blue
- Hat trick of signings for Jets
- Blue feeling like bongo drums
- Moore than a feeling
- Bombers dissect Thursday's drubbing by Eskimos
- Bombers, Esks: press reset and presto...
- Whipping exposes abundant flaws
- Blue review gaffe-filled game
- O-line a disaster area
- Jets sign forwards Eric O'Dell, Patrice Cormier and John Albert
- Evander Kane fuels trade rumours
- Jets ink former Ducks' centre Perreault
- Jets draft excitement
- Bombers trade for QB Portis
- Feoli-Gudino gets it done
- Banks asks to be released from Bombers
- Bombers linebacker Korey Banks suspended
- Bombers gut out a comeback
- Bomber ticket sales shoot up after win over Argos
- Amazing 3-0 start for Blue
Ads by Google