Winnipeg Free Press - ONLINE EDITION
NHL governors expected to approve realignment Monday
NEWARK, N.J. — The NHL’s board of governors will vote via fax Monday on a new realignment.
The league canvassed owners on method of vote, in person or fax, and the resounding response was fax. The lack of desire for discussion on the topic seems to indicate the governors will vote to adopt the new realignment plan.
The Winnipeg Jets will play in what is now being referred to as the Midwest Divsion in the Western Conference. Also in the West will be the Pacific Division.
The Midwest will also include Chicago, Colorado, Dallas, Minnesota, Nashville and St. Louis.
The Pacific will house Anaheim, Calgary, Edmonton, Los Angeles, Phoenix, San Jose and Vancouver.
The Eastern Conference will have the Central and Atlantic Divisions.
The Central includes Boston, Buffalo, Detroit, Florida, Montreal, Ottawa, Tampa Bay and Toronto.
In the Atlantic, it will be Carolina, Columbus, New Jersey, New York Islanders, New York Rangers, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh and Washington.
A league source says the division names will be tweaked by the start of next season. The Atlantic and Pacific will stay the same but the Midwest will be changed to Central. The Eastern Conference’s Central Division will get a new name, which remains undetermined.
Have you found an error, or know of something we’ve missed in one of our stories?
Please use the form below and let us know.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly
(1 of 50 articles for this week)7:16 AM 0
Photo Store Gallery
- Morley, Vega cut from Bombers
- Scott joins Team Canada for FIFA Women's World Cup
- Playoffs a classroom for Scheifele
- Orioles' game in Baltimore vs. White Sox postponed because of safety concerns
- Niakwa Country Club to host 2016 PGA Tour Canada’s Players Cup
- Winnipeg Rifles coach leaving to take on full-time coaching job at York University
- Pick 3: Blue in position to solidify future in draft
- Blue brass succeed trading experience for exuberance
- Chevy wants to keep it together
- From Russia, with gold
- Jets captain suffering from hernia, Trouba from a broken bone in hand
- Jets coach sticks up for Byfuglien
- Difference between Ducks and Jets was huge
- What's next in Jetsville?
- What lies behind mystery Calgary ad?
- Jets can't fly with Ducks
- Harper launches post-budget tour in Winnipeg, will attend tonight's Jets game
- Stuart Olson alleges Triple B, province knew about design issues at Investors Group Field
- Turbulence at the track
- Fans impress with Jets fever
- Jets realize playoff dream
- Byfuglien to face hearing for 'violent, deliberate' cross-check
- Yes, Jets fans: you can thank Edmonton for once
- Jets' first Stanley Cup playoff game against Anaheim Thursday
- Some sick goaltending: Pavs almost too good to be true, despite flu
- Shake the roof in white
- Candid Carlyle wants back in
- Jets suffer 5-4 OT loss to Ducks in Game 3
- 4-game suspension for Byfuglien cross-check
- Jets nip Canucks 5-4 in key pre-playoff game
Ads by Google