Winnipeg Free Press - ONLINE EDITION
Hustler & Lawless at the News Café with Mark Chipman & Mike O'Shea
The Winnipeg Free Press and TSN 1290 Winnipeg will preview the 2014 NHL Playoffs live from Winnipeg Free Press News Café with the Playoff Palooza Preview.
Fourteen hours of sports talk will feature the Free Press team of hockey reporters and all of TSN 1290s weekday shows live at the News Café on Wednesday.
Free Press sports columnist Gary Lawless and hockey writers Tim Campbell and Ed Tait will be part of the programming throughout the day.
The Big Show with Paul Edmonds, Troy Westwood and Matt Leibl kick it off at 6 a.m. They will be previewing all eight first-round matchups over breakfast, and open the phones at 9 a.m. to get listeners’ thoughts and picks for the eventual Stanley Cup Champion.
At 11 a.m., it is Rick Ralph with the Rona Roundtable. Winnipeg Jets General Manager Kevin Cheveldayoff joins Rick at 11:30 a.m. for the full hour. Brian Munz, Free Press Jets reporter Tim Campbell, and TSN Jets analyst Shane Hnidy will also join Rick from 11 a.m to 3 p.m.
Andrew 'Hustler' Paterson gets listeners ready for the drive home with The Warm Up at 3 p.m. Hustler & Lawless goes live from the News Café at 4 p.m. True North chairman Mark Chipman will sit down with H&L for a full hour at 4:30 p.m. TSN’s Hockey Insider Darren Dreger will also join the show.
NHL mid-week with The Illegal Curve Hockey Show continues the NHL playoffs preview at 6 p.m.
TSN Jets announcer Dennis Beyak and Free Press sports reporter Ed Tait will also join shows throughout the day.
Readers and listeners are encouraged to come down to the WFP News Café at 237 McDermot Ave. throughout the day.
Updated on Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at 6:08 PM CDT: Replaces live code.
Please use the form below and let us know.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly
(1 of 50 articles for this week)7:23 AM 0
Photo Store Gallery
- Very rough night for Blue
- Hat trick of signings for Jets
- Blue feeling like bongo drums
- Moore than a feeling
- Bombers dissect Thursday's drubbing by Eskimos
- Whipping exposes abundant flaws
- Blue review gaffe-filled game
- O-line a disaster area
- Jets sign forwards Eric O'Dell, Patrice Cormier and John Albert
- Lacklustre Blue didn't help their bottom line
- Evander Kane fuels trade rumours
- Jets ink former Ducks' centre Perreault
- Jets draft excitement
- Bombers trade for QB Portis
- Feoli-Gudino gets it done
- Banks asks to be released from Bombers
- Bombers linebacker Korey Banks suspended
- Bombers gut out a comeback
- Bomber ticket sales shoot up after win over Argos
- Amazing 3-0 start for Blue
Ads by Google