Winnipeg Free Press - PRINT EDITION
BRUINS 5 JETS 0
Free Press Three Stars
1- Nick Johnson, Bruins. Goal, assist, four goals in pre-season for the free-agent singing.
2- Johnny Boychuk, Bruins. In case you you thought the Bruins had just one good defenceman.
3- Tuukka Rask, Bruins. Didn't have all that much to do but he was razor sharp against the three or four good Jets scoring opportunities.
For their eighth and final exhibition game, the Jets sat out the forward line of Patrice Cormier, Matt Halischuk and Anthony Peluso, who played together Thursday night at home. Also on the sidelines for the game were defencemen Grant Clitsome and Zach Bogosian.
Cuts by Monday
Carrying 26 players into their weekend retreat in Banff, Alta., before their Tuesday season-opener in Edmonton, the Jets will have to make three roster reductions by Monday's deadline. Each club is permitted a maximum of 23 players to start the season. If the team is going to stick to just seven defencemen, as coach Claude Noel hinted earlier in the week, then two blueliners must go, along with one forward.
"It's going to be interesting to see where all this goes because I'm pretty unhappy with quite a few players," said Jets coach Claude Noel. "I don't think there was a lot to be happy about."
-- Tim Campbell
Republished from the Winnipeg Free Press print edition September 28, 2013 ??65532
Have you found an error, or know of something we’ve missed in one of our stories?
Please use the form below and let us know.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly
(1 of 50 articles for this week)10/23/2014 11:14 PM 0
CALGARY - A moment of silence was observed before the Calgary Flames hosted the Carolina Hurricanes on Thursday to commemorate ...
Photo Store Gallery
- We’ll stand for freedom and for one another
- Bombers unveil statue of legendary coach Bud Grant
- Blue consider plan to rush import Wilson into lineup
- Jets in a better mood after breaking losing streak with Tuesday's win
- Following the leaders
- Blue delighted with state of Denmark
- Bombers offensive line uncertain heading into must-win game against B.C.
- Who has been the biggest disappointment on the Jets to start the season?
- Step in right direction
- Freestyle up, skeleton way down in Own the Podium money this winter
- Jets boss Maurice mad enough to start cussing
- Paul Maurice is frustrated after Jets' four-game losing streak
- Tiny consolation for Blue, fans
- Crash landing for Jets at home
- Jets apply tourniquet
- Jets can't stand success
- Jets go down against Flames, 4-1
- Jets make roster changes for Hurricanes game to turn around recent nosedive
- Wakey-wakey, sleeping Jets
- Running back Grigsby signs with Hamilton shortly after his release by Bombers
Ads by Google