Winnipeg Free Press - ONLINE EDITION
Posted: 05/21/2013 2:54 PM | Comments: 0
Last Modified: 05/21/2013 5:34 PM | Updates
WINNIPEG — Two-time MHSAA hockey all-star Scott Rowswell of Dakota Collegiate is the winner of the 2013 Ed Belfour Award as Manitoba high school hockey’s most outstanding player.
Rowswell was voted the award by the league’s coaches after a second straight season as an all-star.
He had 39 goals and 59 points this season for the Lancers.
Other MHSAA announcements today included the awarding of multiple scholarships.
-- To Kildonan East’s Christina Posthumus, Niverville’s Ryan Fast, Stonewall’s Brittni Steeves, Miles Macdonell’s Timothy Ireland and Dakota’s Samantha Halvorsen, each $1,000 scholarships from the MHSAA and Red River Co-Op;
- To high school hockey players Natasha Esquivel of Dakota and Jacob Heapy of Rivers/Elton Collegiate, $1,000 scholarships from the Winnipeg Jets Alumni and Friends;
- To Taylor Lafreniere of Kelvin, a $1,000 scholarship as the winner of the Sami Jo Small Award;
- To Kyler Allard of Dauphin, a $1,000 scholarship as the winner of the Ken "Friar" Nicholson Award;
- To Leah Olson of Fort Richmond, a $500 high school hockey scholarship as winner of the D’Arcy Bain/Fred Stevenson Award;
- To Krista Stuhldreier of Dakota and Jacob Heapy of Rivers, each a $2,000 scholarship as winners of the Alexander Josephson Memorial Scholarships, given to male and female high school hockey players.
Updated on Tuesday, May 21, 2013 at 5:34 PM CDT: adds photo
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly