Winnipeg Free Press - PRINT EDITION
Graf, Luhr win Le Mans race
BOWMANVILLE, Ont. -- Klaus Graf and Lucas Luhr won the American Le Mans Series race at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park on Sunday, and Marino Franchitti and Scott Tucker topped the P2 prototype class.
Luhr extended his ALMS victory record to 45 with the P1 win in the No. 6 Muscle Milk HPD ARX-03c prototype in the 2-hour, 45-minute race on the 2.459-mile, 10-turn circuit. It was the fifth consecutive win at the track for Luhr and Graf, who led every lap Sunday en route to their fourth victory of the season.
Franchitti, the younger brother of three-time Indianapolis 500 champion Dario Franchitti, teamed with Tucker in the No. 551 Siemens/Alpina Watches/Ohiya Casino Resort HPD ARX-03b to edge Scott Sharp and Guy Cosmo in the No. 01 Tequila Patron HPD ARX-03b, giving Level 5 Motorsports its fourth victory of the season.
"The days when you win with a car that isn't maybe the fastest are the most satisfying," Franchitti said.
-- The Canadian Press
Republished from the Winnipeg Free Press print edition July 22, 2013 C11
Please use the form below and let us know.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly
More Auto Racing
More Auto Racing
(1 of 50 articles for this week)9:37 AM 0
Photo Store Gallery
- Harvick knocks red-hot Gordon from top spot to win pole at Bristol, his fifth this season
- Ogier crashes into vineyards, Latvala leads after Rally of Germany 1st day
- Ryan Blaney takes lead from Kyle Busch on last restart and hangs on for Nationwide victory
- NASCAR and ESPN collaborate on glitzy promotional campaign for new Chase format
- Nico Rosberg takes pole position for Belgian GP ahead of Mercedes teammate Lewis Hamilton
- Ryan Truex cleared to race at Bristol a week after concussion sidelined him at Michigan
- With 3M going away as sponsor, Ortho to sponsor Biffle for "roughly half" of 2015
- Just 17: Verstappen will share cockpit with classroom as youngest ever F1 driver next season
- Max Chilton back in to drive for Marussia at Belgian GP after making way for Alexander Rossi
- Hamilton beats Mercedes rival Rosberg in 2nd Belgian GP practice as he bids for pole position
- Joe Gibbs Racing signs Carl Edwards and Daniel Suarez, launches diversity program with Telmex
- Joe Gibbs awaits Tony Stewart's emergence from seclusion; praying for him after Ward's death
- Column: Only Tony Stewart knows when he'll be strong enough to return to a race car
- Tony Stewart skipping Bristol, 3rd consecutive race he'll miss since death of Kevin Ward Jr.
- Toyota seeking more horsepower in NASCAR engines before Chase begins
- Gordon uses strong restart to take 3rd Sprint Cup win of season, first at Michigan since 2001
- AUTO PACKAGE: Gordon enjoys making a run for beer at Delaware brewery
- Column: Tony Stewart sits out another race; needs to tell us what happened before returning
- Jeff Gordon takes 3rd Sprint Cup win of season, first at Michigan since 2001
- Kyle Larson quickly exits car after it catches fire in crash with wall
- NASCAR's Tony Stewart pulls out of Sunday race after hitting, killing driver
- Report: Ward's father says 'no reason' for crash that led to his son being run over by Stewart
- Man arrested in connection with Schumacher record theft found dead in Swiss cell
- 'Parks and Recreation' star Chris Pratt enjoys new role as pace car driver, honorary Hoosier
- National Guard to end sponsorship of Dale Earnhardt Jr. and Graham Rahal
- Driver struck by Stewart's car dies of massive blunt trauma; had reputation as a wheelman
- Criminal charges for Stewart still possible, even if he didn't intend to hurt Ward on track
- Column: Stewart found a calling - and a community - in small town sprint track races
- Danica Patrick crashes in practice at Watkins Glen; walks away, gets evaluated and released
- Red River Speedway ownership changing hands
Ads by Google