The Canadian Press - ONLINE EDITION
Seven-time MotoGP champion Valentino Rossi signs new two-year deal with Yamaha, until 2016
MILAN - Seven-time MotoGP champion Valentino Rossi has signed a new two-year deal with Yamaha, tying him to the Japanese team until 2016.
Rossi rejoined Yamaha in 2013 following a disappointing spell at Ducati.
The 35-year-old Italian, who finished fourth last year, is second in the standings.
On Wednesday, Rossi says "It's great because this was my target; I wanted to continue, I am feeling good and I'm motivated to keep giving my best. I am very happy that I can keep riding my YZR-M1, that has been my love for so many years."
Yamaha managing director, Lin Jarvis, adds, "Since his return to Yamaha it's been a very positive experience ... it is our intention that Valentino will remain with Yamaha until the end of his sporting career and beyond."
Please use the form below and let us know.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly
More Auto Racing
More Auto Racing
(1 of 50 articles for this week)1:35 PM 0
Photo Store Gallery
- Harvick knocks red-hot Gordon from top spot to win pole at Bristol, his fifth this season
- Ryan Blaney takes lead from Kyle Busch on last restart and hangs on for Nationwide victory
- NASCAR and ESPN collaborate on glitzy promotional campaign for new Chase format
- Nico Rosberg takes pole position for Belgian GP ahead of Mercedes teammate Lewis Hamilton
- Just 17: Verstappen will share cockpit with classroom as youngest ever F1 driver next season
- Max Chilton back in to drive for Marussia at Belgian GP after making way for Alexander Rossi
- Hamilton beats Mercedes rival Rosberg in 2nd Belgian GP practice as he bids for pole position
- Ryan Truex cleared to race at Bristol a week after concussion sidelined him at Michigan
- Ogier crashes into vineyards, Latvala leads after Rally of Germany 1st day
- With 3M going away as sponsor, Ortho to sponsor Biffle for "roughly half" of 2015
- Joe Gibbs Racing signs Carl Edwards and Daniel Suarez, launches diversity program with Telmex
- Joe Gibbs awaits Tony Stewart's emergence from seclusion; praying for him after Ward's death
- Column: Only Tony Stewart knows when he'll be strong enough to return to a race car
- Tony Stewart skipping Bristol, 3rd consecutive race he'll miss since death of Kevin Ward Jr.
- Toyota seeking more horsepower in NASCAR engines before Chase begins
- Gordon uses strong restart to take 3rd Sprint Cup win of season, first at Michigan since 2001
- AUTO PACKAGE: Gordon enjoys making a run for beer at Delaware brewery
- Jeff Gordon takes 3rd Sprint Cup win of season, first at Michigan since 2001
- Column: Tony Stewart sits out another race; needs to tell us what happened before returning
- Kyle Larson quickly exits car after it catches fire in crash with wall
- NASCAR's Tony Stewart pulls out of Sunday race after hitting, killing driver
- Report: Ward's father says 'no reason' for crash that led to his son being run over by Stewart
- Man arrested in connection with Schumacher record theft found dead in Swiss cell
- 'Parks and Recreation' star Chris Pratt enjoys new role as pace car driver, honorary Hoosier
- National Guard to end sponsorship of Dale Earnhardt Jr. and Graham Rahal
- Driver struck by Stewart's car dies of massive blunt trauma; had reputation as a wheelman
- Criminal charges for Stewart still possible, even if he didn't intend to hurt Ward on track
- Column: Stewart found a calling - and a community - in small town sprint track races
- Danica Patrick crashes in practice at Watkins Glen; walks away, gets evaluated and released
- Red River Speedway ownership changing hands
Ads by Google