The Canadian Press - ONLINE EDITION
Angels LF Collin Cowgill struck in face after squaring to bunt, blood pours from nose area
ARLINGTON, Texas - Los Angeles Angels left fielder Collin Cowgill was struck in the face by a ball after he squared to bunt in Saturday night's game at Texas.
Blood was pouring from the bridge of Cowgill's nose after being struck in the eighth inning. He immediately put his hand over his face and started walking toward the Angels dugout.
The Angels said Cowgill got stitches on his nose and was then taken to a hospital for further evaluation.
The pitch by Matt West went over the bat and appeared to hit Cowgill flush on the face. It wasn't clear if the ball tipped off the bat before hitting Cowgill.
Efren Navarro finished the at-bat for Cowgill and drew a walk.
Please use the form below and let us know.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly
(1 of 11 articles for today)5:39 AM 0
MIAMI - The Marlins failed in their late comeback attempt and saw their fleeting playoff hopes come to an end.
Photo Store Gallery
- Cardinals hit 3 home runs, beat Reds 8-4 and move closer to playoff spot
- Tigers win appeal on wild play, Scherzer and Tigers top Royals 3-2 to boost AL Central lead
- Jackson leaves in 1st as Cubs lose 14-5 to Kershaw, Dodgers
- Coghlan hits 2-run homer off Wilson in eighth as Cubs rally to beat Dodgers 8-7
- Two decades in the making, ovation builds for Jeter's final farewell at Yankee Stadium
- Jerome Williams pitches Phillies past A's for his third win against Oakland with as many clubs
- Kinsler homers, Verlander sharp as AL Central-leading Tigers beat up second-place Royals 10-1
- Diamondbacks slide reaches 5 games after 5-1 loss to Rockies
- Cashner brilliant again in Padres' 3-2 win against Giants
- MLB cracks down on 'speed'
- Saying goodbye difficult task for Fish
- Goldeyes now out of season
- Umpire Joe West suspended for 1 game without pay for grabbing jersey of Phillies' Papelbon
- Kent Tekulve, former reliever and Pirates studio commentator, recovering from heart transplant
- Former Texas Rangers manager Ron Washington apologizes to breaking wife's trust
- Fan heckling Nationals star Bryce Harper in Atlanta ejected by veteran umpire Tim Welke
- Slumping Derek Jeter gets night off from Yankees' starting lineup
- Orioles fans bid farewell to Jeter in ceremony before his final game at Camden Yards
- Orioles' celebration of AL East title was 17 years in the making
- Phillies' Burnett beaten by Padres, absorbs majors-worst 17th loss
- Trophy Fish clinch North Division
- Goldeyes lick Saltdogs 7-6
- Goldeyes now out of season
- Goldeyes' game against Railcats pushed back
- Fish feast on 'Cats
- Fish fail to close the deal
- Fish dump Saltdogs in first playoff game
- Goldeyes playoff run over with 2-0 loss to Saltdogs
- Fish bats fall silent as Lincoln evens series
- Hernandez is first Fish hurler to win AA pitcher of the year
Ads by Google