Winnipeg Free Press - PRINT EDITION
Angels lose ace to fractured elbow
ANAHEIM, Calif. -- The Los Angeles Angels on Tuesday placed ace Jered Weaver on the 15-day disabled list with a fractured left elbow.
The right-hander, who was diagnosed with a non-displaced radial head fracture, is expected to miss at least four weeks.
Weaver left Sunday's loss against the Texas Rangers early after jamming his non-throwing arm while dodging a line drive. He was initially said to have suffered a strained elbow.
Republished from the Winnipeg Free Press print edition April 10, 2013 C8
Please use the form below and let us know.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly
(1 of 50 articles for this week)12/19/2014 11:48 PM 0
OAKLAND, Calif. - The Oakland Athletics have released infielder Nick Punto.
The A's made the announcement Friday, saying Punto was released ...
Photo Store Gallery
- Padres pull off another big move, acquiring slugger Justin Upton from Braves for 4 prospects
- LA Angels acquire second baseman Johnny Giavotella from Royals for pitcher Brian Broderick
- Yankees send Prado and Phelps to Marlins for Eovaldi, Jones and minor leaguer
- Seattle Mariners sign 2 pitchers, infielder to minor-league deals with spring training invite
- Padres, Dodgers finalize deal that sends slugger Matt Kemp to San Diego
- Toronto Blue Jays sign Canadian left-hander Andrew Albers to minor-league deal
- Padres obtain third baseman Will Middlebrooks from Red Sox for catcher Ryan Hanigan
- From Negro Leagues to current major league stars, a long history of US-Cuba baseball ties
- Preller has Padres singing new tune with deals for Kemp, Myers, Upton, Norris, Middlebrooks
- 6th man pleads guilty in MLB performance-enhancing drugs investigation
- Person with direct knowledge of deal: Cubs, Motte agree to $4.5 million, 1-year contract
- Yankees GM views Alex Rodriguez as full-time designated hitter, not 'the same player' he was
- Things to know about Major League Baseball free-agent signings
- Person familiar with agreement: Lester sets records with $30M signing bonus, $15M up front
- Blue Jays sign Wilton Lopez, Caleb Gindle, Jake Fox to minor league deals
- Things to know about the most recent moves in Major League Baseball
- Atlanta Braves and infielder Alberto Callaspo finalize $3 million, 1-year contract
- Chase Headley, Yankees agree to $52 million, 4-year deal, signalling end of A-Rod at third base
- Person with knowledge of negotiations: Alex Rios, Royals agree to $11 million, 1-year contract
- New additions have Chicago White Sox talking playoffs after big off-season
- Blue Jays trade Lawrie, prospects to Athletics for all-star Donaldson
- Shutout: All 10 baseball Hall of Fame candidates fall short in Golden Era committee voting
- Giants ride Bumgarner, Crawford into NLDS showdown with Nationals
- Bumgarner goes distance, Crawford hits grand slam as Giants rout Pirates 8-0 in wild-card game
- Column: Playoffs open with epic game, but baseball is in need of fixing
- Washington's Strasburg to face guy he admires, San Francisco's Peavy, in Game 1 of NLDS
- Pirates carry 3 catchers to protect hurting Martin; Giants put Peavy on wild-card roster
- The 1st of October: Mike Trout makes playoff debut when MLB-best Angels host upstart Royals
- Diamondbacks infielder Chris Owings to undergo labrum operation
- Texas gets pitcher Figaro on waiver claim from Rangers, Font designated for assignment
Ads by Google