The Canadian Press - ONLINE EDITION
A's place Jed Lowrie on 15-day disabled list with hairline fracture of right index finger
KANSAS CITY, Mo. - The Oakland Athletics placed shortstop Jed Lowrie on the 15-day disabled list after a 7-3 loss Thursday to the Kansas City Royals with a hairline fracture of his right index finger.
Lowrie suffered the injury on Aug. 4 and attempted to play through the pain. He is hitting .238 with five home runs and 42 RBIs in 110 games, including starting 103 at shortstop. He hit .308 with 10 multi-hit games in his past 29 games.
The A's recalled infielder Andy Parrino from Triple-A Sacramento, where he was hitting .286 with seven home runs and 52 RBIs. He has a .152 average in 19 games with the A's, including five this season.
Please use the form below and let us know.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly
(1 of 50 articles for this week)10:52 AM 0
ATLANTA - The Atlanta Braves fired general manager Frank Wren on Monday, less than 24 hours after being eliminated from ...
Photo Store Gallery
- Detroit Tigers miss chance for sweep, lose 5-2 to Guthrie, Kansas City Royals
- Giants lose third straight to Padres, 8-2, to fall 4 1/2 games behind Dodgers
- Tanaka, returning from elbow injury, and rejuvenated Jeter lead Yankees over Blue Jays 5-2
- Corey Kluber strikes out 14. Indians stay close in Wild Card race with 7-2 win over Minnesota
- DeGrom fans 10 in 6 innings as Mets eliminate Braves from playoff contention with 3-game sweep
- Tripped up: Blue Jays lose to Yanks 5-2 for 1-6 trip and head home virtually out of contention
- Pirates ride Worley, late single by Martin and smart fielding to beat Brewers 1-0, extend lead
- Strasburg leads Nationals to 2-1 win over Marlins, completes 4-game sweep
- Miley hit hard as Rockies complete four-game sweep of D-backs, 8-3
- MLB cracks down on 'speed'
- Saying goodbye difficult task for Fish
- Goldeyes now out of season
- Umpire Joe West suspended for 1 game without pay for grabbing jersey of Phillies' Papelbon
- Former Texas Rangers manager Ron Washington apologizes to breaking wife's trust
- Kent Tekulve, former reliever and Pirates studio commentator, recovering from heart transplant
- Fan heckling Nationals star Bryce Harper in Atlanta ejected by veteran umpire Tim Welke
- Slumping Derek Jeter gets night off from Yankees' starting lineup
- Phillies' Burnett beaten by Padres, absorbs majors-worst 17th loss
- Orioles' celebration of AL East title was 17 years in the making
- Cardinals hit 3 home runs, beat Reds 8-4 and move closer to playoff spot
- Trophy Fish clinch North Division
- Goldeyes lick Saltdogs 7-6
- Goldeyes now out of season
- Goldeyes' game against Railcats pushed back
- Fish feast on 'Cats
- Fish fail to close the deal
- Fish dump Saltdogs in first playoff game
- Goldeyes playoff run over with 2-0 loss to Saltdogs
- Fish bats fall silent as Lincoln evens series
- Hernandez is first Fish hurler to win AA pitcher of the year
Ads by Google