The Canadian Press - ONLINE EDITION
Callum Schipp strikes out 11 to lead Australia over the Czech Republic 10-1.
SOUTH WILLIAMSPORT, Pa. - Callum Schipp struck out 11 batters to help Australia defeat the Czech Republic 10-1 Saturday in the Little League World Series.
Schipp tossed a three-hitter through 5 1/3 innings. The Australians helped Schipp by scoring one run in the second and fourth innings.
The Czech Republic allowed five runs on five hits in the fifth inning, and Australia added three runs in the sixth.
Javier Pelkonen went 3-for-3 with three RBIs and a home run.
Australia will play the loser of Mexico and Japan on Monday, while the Czech Republic awaits the loser of Washington and South Dakota.
Please use the form below and let us know.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly
(1 of 9 articles for today)09/20/2014 1:30 AM 0
ANAHEIM, Calif. - Although the Los Angeles Angels' figurative hangover from their division-clinching party stretched into a second game, manager ...
Photo Store Gallery
- Lackey shows big-game stuff, Cardinals stay 2 1-2 up in NL Central with 2-1 win over Reds
- Phillies minor leaguer pitcher Shane Watson suspended 50 games
- Ellsbury, Jeter, Yankees again beat Buehrle, hand Toronto season-worst 6th straight loss, 5-3
- LaRoche hits 2-run homer, helps lift Nationals to 3-2 win over Marlins
- Kinsler homers, Verlander sharp as AL Central-leading Tigers beat up second-place Royals 10-1
- Trevor Plouffe has RBI single in 10th, Twins rally to beat Indians 5-4
- Jackson leaves in 1st as Cubs lose 14-5 to Kershaw, Dodgers
- Cuddyer's grand slam, 7 RBIs key Rockies' 15-3 win over D-backs
- Lester allows only 5 hits in 7 innings; Athletics top Phillies 3-1
- Retiring White Sox star Paul Konerko back in lineup after being sidelined by broken left hand
- Saying goodbye difficult task for Fish
- Umpire Joe West suspended for 1 game without pay for grabbing jersey of Phillies' Papelbon
- Goldeyes now out of season
- Kent Tekulve, former reliever and Pirates studio commentator, recovering from heart transplant
- Fan heckling Nationals star Bryce Harper in Atlanta ejected by veteran umpire Tim Welke
- Former Texas Rangers manager Ron Washington apologizes to breaking wife's trust
- Slumping Derek Jeter gets night off from Yankees' starting lineup
- Orioles' celebration of AL East title was 17 years in the making
- Phillies' Burnett beaten by Padres, absorbs majors-worst 17th loss
- Blue Jays use the long ball and R.A. Dickey's knuckleball to down Tampa Bay Rays
- Trophy Fish clinch North Division
- Goldeyes lick Saltdogs 7-6
- Goldeyes now out of season
- Goldeyes' game against Railcats pushed back
- Fish feast on 'Cats
- Fish fail to close the deal
- Fish dump Saltdogs in first playoff game
- Goldeyes playoff run over with 2-0 loss to Saltdogs
- Fish bats fall silent as Lincoln evens series
- Hernandez is first Fish hurler to win AA pitcher of the year
Ads by Google