The Canadian Press - ONLINE EDITION
Cardinals C Yadier Molina, RHP Michael Wacha on road to recovery
PITTSBURGH, Pa. - St. Louis Cardinals catcher Yadier Molina and right-hander Michael Wacha are ready for the next step in their return from the disabled list.
General manager John Mozeliak said Monday that Molina and Wacha will report to Double-A Springfield this week to continue their rehabilitation.
Molina has been on the disabled list since July 10 with a torn ligament in his right thumb that required surgery. Wacha has been on the DL since mid-June with a stress reaction in his right shoulder.
Wacha will throw live batting practice with Springfield on Wednesday.
The Cardinals have managed to stay in the middle of the NL Central Division race without Molina and Wacha. St. Louis entered Monday night's game in Pittsburgh just 1 1/2 games behind Milwaukee.
Please use the form below and let us know.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly
(1 of 9 articles for today)09/20/2014 1:30 AM 0
ANAHEIM, Calif. - Although the Los Angeles Angels' figurative hangover from their division-clinching party stretched into a second game, manager ...
Photo Store Gallery
- Lackey shows big-game stuff, Cardinals stay 2 1-2 up in NL Central with 2-1 win over Reds
- Phillies minor leaguer pitcher Shane Watson suspended 50 games
- Ellsbury, Jeter, Yankees again beat Buehrle, hand Toronto season-worst 6th straight loss, 5-3
- LaRoche hits 2-run homer, helps lift Nationals to 3-2 win over Marlins
- Kinsler homers, Verlander sharp as AL Central-leading Tigers beat up second-place Royals 10-1
- Trevor Plouffe has RBI single in 10th, Twins rally to beat Indians 5-4
- Jackson leaves in 1st as Cubs lose 14-5 to Kershaw, Dodgers
- Cuddyer's grand slam, 7 RBIs key Rockies' 15-3 win over D-backs
- Lester allows only 5 hits in 7 innings; Athletics top Phillies 3-1
- Retiring White Sox star Paul Konerko back in lineup after being sidelined by broken left hand
- Saying goodbye difficult task for Fish
- Umpire Joe West suspended for 1 game without pay for grabbing jersey of Phillies' Papelbon
- Goldeyes now out of season
- Kent Tekulve, former reliever and Pirates studio commentator, recovering from heart transplant
- Fan heckling Nationals star Bryce Harper in Atlanta ejected by veteran umpire Tim Welke
- Former Texas Rangers manager Ron Washington apologizes to breaking wife's trust
- Slumping Derek Jeter gets night off from Yankees' starting lineup
- Orioles' celebration of AL East title was 17 years in the making
- Phillies' Burnett beaten by Padres, absorbs majors-worst 17th loss
- Blue Jays use the long ball and R.A. Dickey's knuckleball to down Tampa Bay Rays
- Trophy Fish clinch North Division
- Goldeyes lick Saltdogs 7-6
- Goldeyes now out of season
- Goldeyes' game against Railcats pushed back
- Fish feast on 'Cats
- Fish fail to close the deal
- Fish dump Saltdogs in first playoff game
- Goldeyes playoff run over with 2-0 loss to Saltdogs
- Fish bats fall silent as Lincoln evens series
- Hernandez is first Fish hurler to win AA pitcher of the year
Ads by Google