The Canadian Press - ONLINE EDITION
Cardinals put 2B Mark Ellis on DL with strained oblique, add INF Garcia from Triple-A Memphis
ST. LOUIS - The St. Louis Cardinals have put second baseman Mark Ellis on the 15-day disabled list with a left oblique strain, retroactive to Aug. 15.
Infielder Greg Garcia was recalled from Triple-A Memphis before Tuesday night's game against Cincinnati.
The 37-year-old Ellis has not played since last Thursday against the Padres. He made four starts after rookie Kolten Wong returned from the disabled list on July 6.
The 25-year-old Garcia was batting .275 with eight home runs and 40 RBIs in 103 games at Memphis. The left-handed hitter is batting .367 in August.
Garcia appeared in seven games earlier in the season and was 2 for 10 with an RBI. He was hit by a pitch in the 12th inning for the game-winning RBI against the Cubs on May 13.
Please use the form below and let us know.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly
(1 of 12 articles for today)11:20 AM 0
NEW YORK, N.Y. - Pitcher Masahiro Tanaka has been activated by the New York Yankees to start against Toronto following ...
Photo Store Gallery
- Cardinals hit 3 home runs, beat Reds 8-4 and move closer to playoff spot
- Tigers win appeal on wild play, Scherzer and Tigers top Royals 3-2 to boost AL Central lead
- MLB cracks down on 'speed'
- Jackson leaves in 1st as Cubs lose 14-5 to Kershaw, Dodgers
- Coghlan hits 2-run homer off Wilson in eighth as Cubs rally to beat Dodgers 8-7
- Two decades in the making, ovation builds for Jeter's final farewell at Yankee Stadium
- Jerome Williams pitches Phillies past A's for his third win against Oakland with as many clubs
- Kinsler homers, Verlander sharp as AL Central-leading Tigers beat up second-place Royals 10-1
- Diamondbacks slide reaches 5 games after 5-1 loss to Rockies
- Cashner brilliant again in Padres' 3-2 win against Giants
- Saying goodbye difficult task for Fish
- Goldeyes now out of season
- Umpire Joe West suspended for 1 game without pay for grabbing jersey of Phillies' Papelbon
- Kent Tekulve, former reliever and Pirates studio commentator, recovering from heart transplant
- Former Texas Rangers manager Ron Washington apologizes to breaking wife's trust
- Fan heckling Nationals star Bryce Harper in Atlanta ejected by veteran umpire Tim Welke
- Slumping Derek Jeter gets night off from Yankees' starting lineup
- Orioles fans bid farewell to Jeter in ceremony before his final game at Camden Yards
- Orioles' celebration of AL East title was 17 years in the making
- Phillies' Burnett beaten by Padres, absorbs majors-worst 17th loss
- Trophy Fish clinch North Division
- Goldeyes lick Saltdogs 7-6
- Goldeyes now out of season
- Goldeyes' game against Railcats pushed back
- Fish feast on 'Cats
- Fish fail to close the deal
- Fish dump Saltdogs in first playoff game
- Goldeyes playoff run over with 2-0 loss to Saltdogs
- Fish bats fall silent as Lincoln evens series
- Hernandez is first Fish hurler to win AA pitcher of the year
Ads by Google