The Canadian Press - ONLINE EDITION
Colorado Rockies bolster weary bullpen by bringing up RHP Rob Scahill
CHICAGO - The Colorado Rockies have added another arm to their weary bullpen following a 16-inning loss to the Chicago Cubs.
The Rockies recalled right-hander Rob Scahill from Triple-A Colorado Springs before Wednesday night's game at Wrigley Field. Infielder Cristhian Adames was sent down after he went 0 for 3 in his major league debut in Colorado's marathon 4-3 loss at Chicago.
The Rockies used eight relievers in Tuesday night's game, which lasted 6 hours and 27 minutes, setting a franchise record for each team.
Tyler Matzek, who was scheduled to start Wednesday's finale of the four-game series, gave up Starlin Castro's winning sacrifice fly. Manager Walt Weiss says Matzek's next start will be pushed back a day or two, and Pedro Hernandez will be promoted from Colorado Springs to make the start against the Cubs.
Please use the form below and let us know.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly
(1 of 50 articles for this week)10:52 AM 0
ATLANTA - The Atlanta Braves fired general manager Frank Wren on Monday, less than 24 hours after being eliminated from ...
Photo Store Gallery
- Detroit Tigers miss chance for sweep, lose 5-2 to Guthrie, Kansas City Royals
- Giants lose third straight to Padres, 8-2, to fall 4 1/2 games behind Dodgers
- Tanaka, returning from elbow injury, and rejuvenated Jeter lead Yankees over Blue Jays 5-2
- Corey Kluber strikes out 14. Indians stay close in Wild Card race with 7-2 win over Minnesota
- DeGrom fans 10 in 6 innings as Mets eliminate Braves from playoff contention with 3-game sweep
- Tripped up: Blue Jays lose to Yanks 5-2 for 1-6 trip and head home virtually out of contention
- Pirates ride Worley, late single by Martin and smart fielding to beat Brewers 1-0, extend lead
- Strasburg leads Nationals to 2-1 win over Marlins, completes 4-game sweep
- Miley hit hard as Rockies complete four-game sweep of D-backs, 8-3
- MLB cracks down on 'speed'
- Saying goodbye difficult task for Fish
- Goldeyes now out of season
- Umpire Joe West suspended for 1 game without pay for grabbing jersey of Phillies' Papelbon
- Former Texas Rangers manager Ron Washington apologizes to breaking wife's trust
- Kent Tekulve, former reliever and Pirates studio commentator, recovering from heart transplant
- Fan heckling Nationals star Bryce Harper in Atlanta ejected by veteran umpire Tim Welke
- Slumping Derek Jeter gets night off from Yankees' starting lineup
- Phillies' Burnett beaten by Padres, absorbs majors-worst 17th loss
- Orioles' celebration of AL East title was 17 years in the making
- Cardinals hit 3 home runs, beat Reds 8-4 and move closer to playoff spot
- Trophy Fish clinch North Division
- Goldeyes lick Saltdogs 7-6
- Goldeyes now out of season
- Goldeyes' game against Railcats pushed back
- Fish feast on 'Cats
- Fish fail to close the deal
- Fish dump Saltdogs in first playoff game
- Goldeyes playoff run over with 2-0 loss to Saltdogs
- Fish bats fall silent as Lincoln evens series
- Hernandez is first Fish hurler to win AA pitcher of the year
Ads by Google