Winnipeg Free Press - PRINT EDITION
Dickey knuckles down for work
BALTIMORE -- Blue Jays right-hander R.A. Dickey expects to make his scheduled start today against the Orioles despite being bothered by soreness in his neck and back.
Dickey was forced to leave his last start on April 18 after throwing six shutout innings against the Chicago White Sox.
Before Toronto faced Baltimore on Monday, Dickey said, "I feel better than I did leading into my last start. I think we've given it enough rest and treatment."
The 38-year-old wasn't sure how long he would last Tuesday, saying, "It tends to tighten up as the game goes along."
Republished from the Winnipeg Free Press print edition April 23, 2013 D6
Please use the form below and let us know.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly
(1 of 9 articles for today)09/20/2014 1:30 AM 0
ANAHEIM, Calif. - Although the Los Angeles Angels' figurative hangover from their division-clinching party stretched into a second game, manager ...
Photo Store Gallery
- Lackey shows big-game stuff, Cardinals stay 2 1-2 up in NL Central with 2-1 win over Reds
- Phillies minor leaguer pitcher Shane Watson suspended 50 games
- Ellsbury, Jeter, Yankees again beat Buehrle, hand Toronto season-worst 6th straight loss, 5-3
- Kinsler homers, Verlander sharp as AL Central-leading Tigers beat up second-place Royals 10-1
- Trevor Plouffe has RBI single in 10th, Twins rally to beat Indians 5-4
- Jackson leaves in 1st as Cubs lose 14-5 to Kershaw, Dodgers
- LaRoche hits 2-run homer, helps lift Nationals to 3-2 win over Marlins
- Cuddyer's grand slam, 7 RBIs key Rockies' 15-3 win over D-backs
- Lester allows only 5 hits in 7 innings; Athletics top Phillies 3-1
- Retiring White Sox star Paul Konerko back in lineup after being sidelined by broken left hand
- Saying goodbye difficult task for Fish
- Umpire Joe West suspended for 1 game without pay for grabbing jersey of Phillies' Papelbon
- Goldeyes now out of season
- Kent Tekulve, former reliever and Pirates studio commentator, recovering from heart transplant
- Fan heckling Nationals star Bryce Harper in Atlanta ejected by veteran umpire Tim Welke
- Former Texas Rangers manager Ron Washington apologizes to breaking wife's trust
- Slumping Derek Jeter gets night off from Yankees' starting lineup
- Orioles' celebration of AL East title was 17 years in the making
- Phillies' Burnett beaten by Padres, absorbs majors-worst 17th loss
- Blue Jays use the long ball and R.A. Dickey's knuckleball to down Tampa Bay Rays
- Trophy Fish clinch North Division
- Goldeyes lick Saltdogs 7-6
- Goldeyes now out of season
- Goldeyes' game against Railcats pushed back
- Fish feast on 'Cats
- Fish fail to close the deal
- Fish dump Saltdogs in first playoff game
- Goldeyes playoff run over with 2-0 loss to Saltdogs
- Fish bats fall silent as Lincoln evens series
- Hernandez is first Fish hurler to win AA pitcher of the year
Ads by Google