The Canadian Press - ONLINE EDITION
Dustin Pedroia out of Boston's lineup for 2nd straight game with concussion-like symptoms
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. - Boston Red Sox second baseman Dustin Pedroia is out of the lineup for the second straight game because of concussion-like symptoms.
Red Sox manager John Farrell said before Monday's game against Tampa Bay that Pedroia is feeling a little better but still experiencing symptoms. Farrell is not optimistic about Pedroia playing in a three-game series with the New York Yankees that begins Tuesday night.
Pedroia left Saturday night's 7-0 loss to the Rays in the second inning. He was elbowed in the head by Logan Forsythe, who was sliding head-first into second.
Boston designated hitter David Ortiz is also out of Monday's lineup. Farrell said the team had planned to give some off days to Ortiz, who recently fouled a ball off his foot. Farrell felt that Monday was a good day, with Tampa Bay starting left-hander Drew Smyly.
Please use the form below and let us know.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly
(1 of 18 articles for today)3:38 PM 0
Photo Store Gallery
- Cardinals hit 3 home runs, beat Reds 8-4 and move closer to playoff spot
- Two decades in the making, ovation builds for Jeter's final farewell at Yankee Stadium
- Cashner brilliant again in Padres' 3-2 win against Giants
- MLB cracks down on 'speed'
- Jackson leaves in 1st as Cubs lose 14-5 to Kershaw, Dodgers
- Jerome Williams pitches Phillies past A's for his third win against Oakland with as many clubs
- Marlins eliminated from wild-card contention with 3-2 loss to Nationals
- Kinsler homers, Verlander sharp as AL Central-leading Tigers beat up second-place Royals 10-1
- Bautista HR, Stroman pitches 6 gritty innings as Blue Jays end 6-game skid, beat Yankees 6-3
- Diamondbacks slide reaches 5 games after 5-1 loss to Rockies
- Saying goodbye difficult task for Fish
- Goldeyes now out of season
- Umpire Joe West suspended for 1 game without pay for grabbing jersey of Phillies' Papelbon
- Kent Tekulve, former reliever and Pirates studio commentator, recovering from heart transplant
- Former Texas Rangers manager Ron Washington apologizes to breaking wife's trust
- Fan heckling Nationals star Bryce Harper in Atlanta ejected by veteran umpire Tim Welke
- Slumping Derek Jeter gets night off from Yankees' starting lineup
- Orioles fans bid farewell to Jeter in ceremony before his final game at Camden Yards
- Orioles' celebration of AL East title was 17 years in the making
- Phillies' Burnett beaten by Padres, absorbs majors-worst 17th loss
- Trophy Fish clinch North Division
- Goldeyes lick Saltdogs 7-6
- Goldeyes now out of season
- Goldeyes' game against Railcats pushed back
- Fish feast on 'Cats
- Fish fail to close the deal
- Fish dump Saltdogs in first playoff game
- Goldeyes playoff run over with 2-0 loss to Saltdogs
- Fish bats fall silent as Lincoln evens series
- Hernandez is first Fish hurler to win AA pitcher of the year
Ads by Google