The Canadian Press - ONLINE EDITION

Ex-pro baseball player Curtis says he's innocent of sex allegations made by teens in lawsuit

  • Print

GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. - Imprisoned ex-Major League Baseball player Chad Curtis says he's innocent of sexual assault allegations made by three teenagers in a lawsuit.

The $4 million suit filed in federal court in Grand Rapids accuses Curtis of battery and intentional infliction of emotional distress.

The Grand Rapids Press reports (http://bit.ly/1lbIOi8 ) Curtis responded on Tuesday in a filing written by his lawyer, Joe Sadler.

Sadler writes that his client "has always maintained his innocence of the charges brought by plaintiffs."

Curtis is serving seven years to 15 years in state prison on a criminal sexual conduct conviction. Curtis was charged with sexually assaulting teen girls in 2012 while working as a volunteer weight-room trainer at a high school.

The 45-year-old played for the Detroit Tigers and five other teams between 1992 and 2001.

___

Information from: The Grand Rapids Press, http://www.mlive.com/grand-rapids

Fact Check

Fact Check

Have you found an error, or know of something we’ve missed in one of our stories?
Please use the form below and let us know.

* Required
  • Please post the headline of the story or the title of the video with the error.

  • Please post exactly what was wrong with the story.

  • Please indicate your source for the correct information.

  • Yes

    No

  • This will only be used to contact you if we have a question about your submission, it will not be used to identify you or be published.

  • Cancel

Having problems with the form?

Contact Us Directly
  • Print

You can comment on most stories on winnipegfreepress.com. You can also agree or disagree with other comments. All you need to do is be a Winnipeg Free Press print or e-edition subscriber to join the conversation and give your feedback.

You can comment on most stories on winnipegfreepress.com. You can also agree or disagree with other comments. All you need to do is be a Winnipeg Free Press print or e-edition subscriber to join the conversation and give your feedback.

Have Your Say

New to commenting? Check out our Frequently Asked Questions.

Have Your Say

Comments are open to Winnipeg Free Press print or e-edition subscribers only. why?

Have Your Say

Comments are open to Winnipeg Free Press Subscribers only. why?

The Winnipeg Free Press does not necessarily endorse any of the views posted. By submitting your comment, you agree to our Terms and Conditions. These terms were revised effective April 16, 2010.

letters

Make text: Larger | Smaller

LATEST VIDEO

Faron Hall honoured by Mayor Sam Katz - May 6, 2009

View more like this

Photo Store Gallery

  • Someone or thing is taking advantage of the inactivity at Kapyong Barracks,hundreds of Canada Geese-See Joe Bryksa’s goose a day for 30 days challenge- Day 15- May 22, 2012   (JOE BRYKSA / WINNIPEG FREE PRESS)
  • RUTH BONNEVILLE / WINNIPEG FREE PRESS June 23, 2011 Local - A Monarch butterfly is perched on a flower  in the newly opened Butterfly Garden in Assiniboine Park Thursday morning.

View More Gallery Photos

Poll

Who has been the Bombers MVP so far this season?

View Results

View Related Story

Ads by Google