The Canadian Press - ONLINE EDITION
Indians activate C Yan Gomes from 7-day concussion list
KANSAS CITY, Mo. - The Cleveland Indians activated catcher Yan Gomes from the seven-day concussion list and put him in the lineup Friday for the opener of a three-game series with the Kansas City Royals.
Gomes suffered concussion symptoms after taking a baseball off his mask on Aug. 21 at Minnesota. Gomes is hitting .284 with 21 doubles, 17 home runs and 53 RBIs in 109 games. His .477 slugging percentage ranks 12th in the AL.
The Indians placed infielder-catcher Chris Gimenez on the three-day paternity list.
Please use the form below and let us know.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly
(1 of 12 articles for today)2:15 AM 0
ANAHEIM, Calif. - The Seattle Mariners were powerless to stop the Los Angeles Angels from clinching a playoff spot and ...
Photo Store Gallery
- Barry Bonds' obstruction of justice conviction goes back before a court
- Fan heckling Nationals star Bryce Harper in Atlanta ejected by veteran umpire Tim Welke
- Yankees 3B Chase Headley miffed by Rays manager Joe Maddon's comment about hit by pitch
- Umpire Joe West suspended for 1 game without pay for grabbing jersey of Phillies' Papelbon
- Blue Jays rookie Stroman suspended 6 games for pitch at Joseph's head, appeals penalty
- Cuban defector Rusney Castillo to make major league debut for Red Sox
- Mariners manage just 1 hit, lose 5-0 to AL West champion Angels despite Paxton's strong effort
- Phillies' Burnett beaten by Padres, absorbs majors-worst 17th loss
- C.J. Wilson pitches Angels to 1st AL West title since 2009 with 5-0 win over Mariners
- Slumping Yankees star Jeter ends 0-for-28 skid, close to career worst
- Saying goodbye difficult task for Fish
- Man facing charges for smuggling baseball players
- Goldeyes now out of season
- Orioles' Davis suspended 25 games for positive amphetamine test, he attributes to Adderall
- Marlins' Stanton tweets that he's 'much better,' 1 day after taking pitch in the face
- Marlins star Stanton sustains multiple fractures in beaning vs Brewers, likely done for season
- Kent Tekulve, former reliever and Pirates studio commentator, recovering from heart transplant
- Mets pitcher Bartolo Colon hits 2 Washington batters, ejected along with manager Terry Collins
- Marlins star Stanton has multiple fractures, dental damage, stitches after beaning
- Vintage baseball proves a hit; modern players embrace 19th-century rules, uniforms, history
- Trophy Fish clinch North Division
- Goldeyes lick Saltdogs 7-6
- Goldeyes now out of season
- Goldeyes' game against Railcats pushed back
- Fish feast on 'Cats
- Fish fail to close the deal
- Fish dump Saltdogs in first playoff game
- Goldeyes playoff run over with 2-0 loss to Saltdogs
- Fish bats fall silent as Lincoln evens series
- Hernandez is first Fish hurler to win AA pitcher of the year
Ads by Google