Winnipeg Free Press - PRINT EDITION
Jays' Morrow suffers setback in rehab
TORONTO -- Toronto Blue Jays right-hander Brandon Morrow has been taken out of rehabilitation after suffering a setback.
Morrow pitched two innings on Monday with single-A Dunedin and gave up five hits and three runs, including a homer.
It was Morrow's first game since leaving after two innings against Atlanta on May 28 with forearm tightness. He is 2-3 with a 5.63 ERA in 10 starts this season with Toronto.
"His forearm is still bothering him and they're backing him off that rehab," Blue Jays manager John Gibbons said Tuesday. "They're going to re-examine him and see where he's at."
In the meantime Esmil Rogers will continue to start, as will newly-signed veteran Chien-Ming Wang.
The Blue Jays won their seventh in a row, beating the Colorado Rockies 8-3 Tuesday at the Rogers Centre.
-- The Canadian Press
Republished from the Winnipeg Free Press print edition June 19, 2013 0
Have you found an error, or know of something we’ve missed in one of our stories?
Please use the form below and let us know.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly
(1 of 43 articles for today)9:13 PM 0
OAKLAND, Calif. - A.J. Burnett moved up the career strikeout list. At the moment, that's the furthest thing from his ...
Photo Store Gallery
- Marlins eliminated from wild-card contention with 3-2 loss to Nationals
- Tanaka, returning from elbow injury, and rejuvenated Jeter lead Yankees over Blue Jays 5-2
- Chicago White Sox manage just 3 hits in 3-1 loss to Archer, Tampa Bay Rays
- DeGrom fans 10 in 6 innings as Mets eliminate Braves from playoff contention with 3-game sweep
- MLB cracks down on 'speed'
- Pirates ride Worley, late single by Martin and smart fielding to beat Brewers 1-0, extend lead
- Detroit Tigers miss chance for sweep, lose 5-2 to Guthrie, Kansas City Royals
- Cashner brilliant again in Padres' 3-2 win against Giants
- Giants lose third straight to Padres, 8-2, to fall 4 1/2 games behind Dodgers
- Kinsler homers, Verlander sharp as AL Central-leading Tigers beat up second-place Royals 10-1
- Saying goodbye difficult task for Fish
- Goldeyes now out of season
- Umpire Joe West suspended for 1 game without pay for grabbing jersey of Phillies' Papelbon
- Kent Tekulve, former reliever and Pirates studio commentator, recovering from heart transplant
- Former Texas Rangers manager Ron Washington apologizes to breaking wife's trust
- Fan heckling Nationals star Bryce Harper in Atlanta ejected by veteran umpire Tim Welke
- Slumping Derek Jeter gets night off from Yankees' starting lineup
- Orioles' celebration of AL East title was 17 years in the making
- Phillies' Burnett beaten by Padres, absorbs majors-worst 17th loss
- Tough questions for both sides as appeals court reconsiders Barry Bonds obstruction conviction
- Trophy Fish clinch North Division
- Goldeyes lick Saltdogs 7-6
- Goldeyes now out of season
- Goldeyes' game against Railcats pushed back
- Fish feast on 'Cats
- Fish fail to close the deal
- Fish dump Saltdogs in first playoff game
- Goldeyes playoff run over with 2-0 loss to Saltdogs
- Fish bats fall silent as Lincoln evens series
- Hernandez is first Fish hurler to win AA pitcher of the year
Ads by Google