The Canadian Press - ONLINE EDITION
Jurors told to keep deliberating despite deadlock in Dodger Stadium beating lawsuit
LOS ANGELES, Calif. - A judge has told deadlocked jurors to keep deliberating in a lawsuit filed by Giants fan Bryan Stow over his beating at Dodger Stadium.
The Los Angeles County Superior Court panel announced the impasse Wednesday afternoon. But the judge sent them back to work. Deliberations began June 26.
Stow was left severely brain-damaged in a parking lot attack after the Dodgers' 2011 opening day game against the San Francisco Giants.
Stow sued the team and former owner Frank McCourt, saying they failed to provide adequate security.
Defence lawyers have argued that security was stronger than ever for an opening day contest and that Stow had been drinking and was partially to blame.
Dodger fans Louie Sanchez and Marvin Norwood pleaded guilty to the attack and are in jail.
Please use the form below and let us know.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly
(1 of 11 articles for today)5:39 AM 0
MIAMI - The Marlins failed in their late comeback attempt and saw their fleeting playoff hopes come to an end.
Photo Store Gallery
- Cardinals hit 3 home runs, beat Reds 8-4 and move closer to playoff spot
- Tigers win appeal on wild play, Scherzer and Tigers top Royals 3-2 to boost AL Central lead
- Jackson leaves in 1st as Cubs lose 14-5 to Kershaw, Dodgers
- Coghlan hits 2-run homer off Wilson in eighth as Cubs rally to beat Dodgers 8-7
- Two decades in the making, ovation builds for Jeter's final farewell at Yankee Stadium
- Jerome Williams pitches Phillies past A's for his third win against Oakland with as many clubs
- Diamondbacks slide reaches 5 games after 5-1 loss to Rockies
- Kinsler homers, Verlander sharp as AL Central-leading Tigers beat up second-place Royals 10-1
- Justin Bour hits first major league homer in Marlins' 3-2 loss to Nationals
- The Captain: A look back at the magic moments that defined Derek Jeter's illustrious career
- Saying goodbye difficult task for Fish
- Goldeyes now out of season
- Umpire Joe West suspended for 1 game without pay for grabbing jersey of Phillies' Papelbon
- Kent Tekulve, former reliever and Pirates studio commentator, recovering from heart transplant
- Former Texas Rangers manager Ron Washington apologizes to breaking wife's trust
- Fan heckling Nationals star Bryce Harper in Atlanta ejected by veteran umpire Tim Welke
- Slumping Derek Jeter gets night off from Yankees' starting lineup
- Orioles fans bid farewell to Jeter in ceremony before his final game at Camden Yards
- Orioles' celebration of AL East title was 17 years in the making
- Phillies' Burnett beaten by Padres, absorbs majors-worst 17th loss
- Trophy Fish clinch North Division
- Goldeyes lick Saltdogs 7-6
- Goldeyes now out of season
- Goldeyes' game against Railcats pushed back
- Fish feast on 'Cats
- Fish fail to close the deal
- Fish dump Saltdogs in first playoff game
- Goldeyes playoff run over with 2-0 loss to Saltdogs
- Fish bats fall silent as Lincoln evens series
- Hernandez is first Fish hurler to win AA pitcher of the year
Ads by Google