The Canadian Press - ONLINE EDITION
Mets ace Matt Harvey throws off a mound for 1st time in recovery from Tommy John surgery.
NEW YORK, N.Y. - Mets ace Matt Harvey has thrown off the mound for the first time since having right elbow reconstruction surgery in October.
Mets manager Terry Collins said Friday the All-Star right-hander threw at about 60 per cent. General manager Sandy Alderson said the mound session lasted 15 pitches.
Harvey said it was exciting to get back on the mound for the first time since Oct. 22 Tommy John surgery.
Alderson said this was an abbreviated session as part of Harvey's rehab plan. The program will begin in earnest on Tuesday at the Mets' complex in Port St. Lucie, Florida, and run through the beginning of October. It will include facing batters in the instructional league.
Have you found an error, or know of something we’ve missed in one of our stories?
Please use the form below and let us know.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly
(1 of 37 articles for today)11:42 PM 0
Photo Store Gallery
- Cardinals hit 3 home runs, beat Reds 8-4 and move closer to playoff spot
- Tigers win appeal on wild play, Scherzer and Tigers top Royals 3-2 to boost AL Central lead
- Coghlan hits 2-run homer off Wilson in eighth as Cubs rally to beat Dodgers 8-7
- Two decades in the making, ovation builds for Jeter's final farewell at Yankee Stadium
- Jerome Williams pitches Phillies past A's for his third win against Oakland with as many clubs
- Padres righty Despaigne dominates Giants again, 5-0
- The Captain: A look back at the magic moments that defined Derek Jeter's illustrious career
- Bautista HR, Stroman pitches 6 gritty innings as Blue Jays end 6-game skid, beat Yankees 6-3
- Diamondbacks slide reaches 5 games after 5-1 loss to Rockies
- Errors doom Astros as Ackley, Zunino and Seager all homer to help Seattle Mariners to 10-5 win
- Saying goodbye difficult task for Fish
- Goldeyes now out of season
- Umpire Joe West suspended for 1 game without pay for grabbing jersey of Phillies' Papelbon
- Fan heckling Nationals star Bryce Harper in Atlanta ejected by veteran umpire Tim Welke
- Kent Tekulve, former reliever and Pirates studio commentator, recovering from heart transplant
- Former Texas Rangers manager Ron Washington apologizes to breaking wife's trust
- Slumping Derek Jeter gets night off from Yankees' starting lineup
- Orioles fans bid farewell to Jeter in ceremony before his final game at Camden Yards
- Orioles' celebration of AL East title was 17 years in the making
- Phillies' Burnett beaten by Padres, absorbs majors-worst 17th loss
- Trophy Fish clinch North Division
- Goldeyes lick Saltdogs 7-6
- Goldeyes now out of season
- Goldeyes' game against Railcats pushed back
- Fish feast on 'Cats
- Fish fail to close the deal
- Fish dump Saltdogs in first playoff game
- Goldeyes playoff run over with 2-0 loss to Saltdogs
- Fish bats fall silent as Lincoln evens series
- Hernandez is first Fish hurler to win AA pitcher of the year
Ads by Google