The Canadian Press - ONLINE EDITION
Nationals place Souza on DL with shoulder injury, recall Taylor from Triple-A Syracuse
ATLANTA - The Washington Nationals have placed outfielder Steven Souza Jr. on the 15-day disabled list with a left shoulder bruise and recalled Michael Taylor from Triple-A Syracuse.
Souza hurt his shoulder in a collision with the right-field wall and left Friday night's game. He appeared as a pinch-runner on Saturday night.
Taylor will make his major league debut less than a week after being promoted to Syracuse. He hit .315 with 22 homers, 63 RBIs and 35 stolen bases for Double-A Harrisburg and represented the Nationals in the Futures Game.
The Nationals needed help for their outfield. Nate McLouth (right shoulder inflammation) is on the 15-day DL. Right fielder Jayson Werth has not started in the last two games due to a sore right ankle and right shoulder.
Please use the form below and let us know.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly
(1 of 12 articles for today)2:15 AM 0
ANAHEIM, Calif. - The Seattle Mariners were powerless to stop the Los Angeles Angels from clinching a playoff spot and ...
Photo Store Gallery
- Barry Bonds' obstruction of justice conviction goes back before a court
- Fan heckling Nationals star Bryce Harper in Atlanta ejected by veteran umpire Tim Welke
- Yankees 3B Chase Headley miffed by Rays manager Joe Maddon's comment about hit by pitch
- Umpire Joe West suspended for 1 game without pay for grabbing jersey of Phillies' Papelbon
- Blue Jays rookie Stroman suspended 6 games for pitch at Joseph's head, appeals penalty
- Cuban defector Rusney Castillo to make major league debut for Red Sox
- Mariners manage just 1 hit, lose 5-0 to AL West champion Angels despite Paxton's strong effort
- Phillies' Burnett beaten by Padres, absorbs majors-worst 17th loss
- C.J. Wilson pitches Angels to 1st AL West title since 2009 with 5-0 win over Mariners
- Slumping Yankees star Jeter ends 0-for-28 skid, close to career worst
- Saying goodbye difficult task for Fish
- Man facing charges for smuggling baseball players
- Goldeyes now out of season
- Orioles' Davis suspended 25 games for positive amphetamine test, he attributes to Adderall
- Marlins' Stanton tweets that he's 'much better,' 1 day after taking pitch in the face
- Marlins star Stanton sustains multiple fractures in beaning vs Brewers, likely done for season
- Kent Tekulve, former reliever and Pirates studio commentator, recovering from heart transplant
- Mets pitcher Bartolo Colon hits 2 Washington batters, ejected along with manager Terry Collins
- Marlins star Stanton has multiple fractures, dental damage, stitches after beaning
- Vintage baseball proves a hit; modern players embrace 19th-century rules, uniforms, history
- Trophy Fish clinch North Division
- Goldeyes lick Saltdogs 7-6
- Goldeyes now out of season
- Goldeyes' game against Railcats pushed back
- Fish feast on 'Cats
- Fish fail to close the deal
- Fish dump Saltdogs in first playoff game
- Goldeyes playoff run over with 2-0 loss to Saltdogs
- Fish bats fall silent as Lincoln evens series
- Hernandez is first Fish hurler to win AA pitcher of the year
Ads by Google