The Canadian Press - ONLINE EDITION
No kidding! Comedian Chris Rock corrals foul ball at Yankee Stadium
NEW YORK, N.Y. - Chris Rock almost made the play of the day at Yankee Stadium.
Instead, the comedian wound up with a nice prize — a foul ball that nearly landed in his lap during Thursday's game between the Houston Astros and New York Yankees.
Rock was sitting in the front row behind Houston's dugout when Astros rookie Jon Singleton lofted a high foul popup toward the third-base side in the seventh inning. Rock raised his arms to catch it, holding a cellphone in his left hand as he shielded his head.
The ball fell inches behind him, bounced off a seat and Rock outreached another fan to corral the souvenir. Rock held the ball aloft, got a cheer from the crowd and then gave it to a young boy.
Rock is a longtime Mets fan and has recorded a "Let's Go, Mets!" chant this year for the videoboard at Citi Field. He wore a Yankees hat to Thursday's game.
Please use the form below and let us know.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly
(1 of 50 articles for this week)10:52 AM 0
ATLANTA - The Atlanta Braves fired general manager Frank Wren on Monday, less than 24 hours after being eliminated from ...
Photo Store Gallery
- Detroit Tigers miss chance for sweep, lose 5-2 to Guthrie, Kansas City Royals
- Giants lose third straight to Padres, 8-2, to fall 4 1/2 games behind Dodgers
- Tanaka, returning from elbow injury, and rejuvenated Jeter lead Yankees over Blue Jays 5-2
- Corey Kluber strikes out 14. Indians stay close in Wild Card race with 7-2 win over Minnesota
- DeGrom fans 10 in 6 innings as Mets eliminate Braves from playoff contention with 3-game sweep
- Tripped up: Blue Jays lose to Yanks 5-2 for 1-6 trip and head home virtually out of contention
- Pirates ride Worley, late single by Martin and smart fielding to beat Brewers 1-0, extend lead
- Strasburg leads Nationals to 2-1 win over Marlins, completes 4-game sweep
- Miley hit hard as Rockies complete four-game sweep of D-backs, 8-3
- MLB cracks down on 'speed'
- Saying goodbye difficult task for Fish
- Goldeyes now out of season
- Umpire Joe West suspended for 1 game without pay for grabbing jersey of Phillies' Papelbon
- Former Texas Rangers manager Ron Washington apologizes to breaking wife's trust
- Kent Tekulve, former reliever and Pirates studio commentator, recovering from heart transplant
- Fan heckling Nationals star Bryce Harper in Atlanta ejected by veteran umpire Tim Welke
- Slumping Derek Jeter gets night off from Yankees' starting lineup
- Phillies' Burnett beaten by Padres, absorbs majors-worst 17th loss
- Orioles' celebration of AL East title was 17 years in the making
- Cardinals hit 3 home runs, beat Reds 8-4 and move closer to playoff spot
- Trophy Fish clinch North Division
- Goldeyes lick Saltdogs 7-6
- Goldeyes now out of season
- Goldeyes' game against Railcats pushed back
- Fish feast on 'Cats
- Fish fail to close the deal
- Fish dump Saltdogs in first playoff game
- Goldeyes playoff run over with 2-0 loss to Saltdogs
- Fish bats fall silent as Lincoln evens series
- Hernandez is first Fish hurler to win AA pitcher of the year
Ads by Google