The Canadian Press - ONLINE EDITION
Oakland Athletics designate lefty Brad Mills for assignment to clear space for Jason Hammel
OAKLAND, Calif. - The Oakland Athletics have designated left-hander Brad Mills for assignment to clear a roster spot for recently acquired pitcher Jason Hammel.
The A's also announced Monday that they have claimed outfielder Kenny Wilson off waivers from Toronto and optioned him to Triple-A Sacramento. In addition, Oakland outrighted outfielder Nick Buss to Sacramento and traded International Slot No. 57, worth $339,000, to Milwaukee for minor league pitcher Rodolfo Fernandez.
Mills went 1-1 with a 4.41 ERA in three starts for Oakland this season. But with Hammel scheduled to pitch Wednesday at San Francisco, the A's needed to clear space on the roster.
The A's got Hammel and right-hander Jeff Samardzija from the Cubs on Friday in a trade that sent three prospects to Chicago.
Please use the form below and let us know.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly
(1 of 41 articles for today)9:25 PM 0
Photo Store Gallery
- Umpire Joe West suspended for 1 game without pay for grabbing jersey of Phillies' Papelbon
- Orioles' celebration of AL East title was 17 years in the making
- Phillies' Burnett beaten by Padres, absorbs majors-worst 17th loss
- Barry Bonds' obstruction of justice conviction goes back before a court
- Fan heckling Nationals star Bryce Harper in Atlanta ejected by veteran umpire Tim Welke
- Angels' magic number for clinching AL West drops to 2 despite 13-2 loss to Mariners
- Blue Jays rookie Stroman suspended 6 games for pitch at Joseph's head, appeals penalty
- After blowing lead in top of the 9th, Twins rally for 4-3 victory over Tigers
- Yankees 3B Chase Headley miffed by Rays manager Joe Maddon's comment about hit by pitch
- Amarista hits two-run homer, lifts Padres to 5-4 win over Phillies
- Saying goodbye difficult task for Fish
- Man facing charges for smuggling baseball players
- Man charged in Florida with role in smuggling Dodgers OF Puig out of Cuba
- Goldeyes now out of season
- Orioles' Davis suspended 25 games for positive amphetamine test, he attributes to Adderall
- Marlins' Stanton tweets that he's 'much better,' 1 day after taking pitch in the face
- Mets pitcher Bartolo Colon hits 2 Washington batters, ejected along with manager Terry Collins
- Kent Tekulve, former reliever and Pirates studio commentator, recovering from heart transplant
- Vintage baseball proves a hit; modern players embrace 19th-century rules, uniforms, history
- Marlins star Stanton sustains multiple fractures in beaning vs Brewers, likely done for season
- Trophy Fish clinch North Division
- Goldeyes lick Saltdogs 7-6
- Goldeyes now out of season
- Goldeyes' game against Railcats pushed back
- Fish feast on 'Cats
- Fish fail to close the deal
- Fish dump Saltdogs in first playoff game
- Goldeyes playoff run over with 2-0 loss to Saltdogs
- Fish bats fall silent as Lincoln evens series
- Fish dinger derby in Sioux Falls puts them in command of North Division
Ads by Google